WIRING KNOCK SENSORS TOGETHER

crrider80

Too soon Jr.
Jun 3, 2006
NYC
RIPDOTCOM said:
I have a broken rear knock sensor. i was wondering if I could temporarily splice the rear knock sensor wire into the front one.

I have an extra one. I'll sell it to you for $20 + shipping.
-Steve

PorterzSupra

Oct 25, 2005
Hebron CT
RIPDOTCOM said:
I have a broken rear knock sensor. i was wondering if I could temporarily splice the rear knock sensor wire into the front one.

You sure can, just dont boost high (like way over stock boost) untill you get it fixed

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
just leav it up hook do it right

or you will really mess up the timing

put it this way the ecu will say wtf fuck all the time

PorterzSupra

Oct 25, 2005
Hebron CT
lagged said:
bad advice anyone?

((shakes head)) there is NO reason for a stock or slightly modified turbo engine to knock in the first place. I am running a high compression NA with 1 knock sensor with a large turbo, I wouldent give advice if I dident know from personal experience! It takes ALOT of boost to get the 7MGTE to knock and if the pre knock got bad enough the second knock sensor would pick it up way before the point of engine damage.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
cletusxl9.gif

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
PorterzSupra said:
((shakes head)) there is NO reason for a stock or slightly modified turbo engine to knock in the first place. I am running a high compression NA with 1 knock sensor with a large turbo, I wouldent give advice if I dident know from personal experience! It takes ALOT of boost to get the 7MGTE to knock and if the pre knock got bad enough the second knock sensor would pick it up way before the point of engine damage.

did you know that knocking is a normal part of everyday engine operation?

and did you also know that the 7M's ecu is CONSTANTLY pulling, and adding timing depending on how much knock the sensors detect?

so what happens when you mess that system up? ill leave the rest for you to figure out.

RIPDOTCOM

May 22, 2005
Tallahassee, FL
The reason I want to do this is simply for troubleshooting, the car is nowhere near street ready but I am getting a code 31 and a code 52. I replaced the AFM but the code came right back so i am thinking that the KS part of the afm is in open circuit since the rear knock sensor is broken. I have no problem replacing the rear knock sensor I was just trying to find a quick troubleshooting solution. If I wired them together to the front KS then the code 52 should go away and possibly the code 31. Then I can move on to other reasons why the car is running like hell.