Wiring Harness and Vaccuum Switch Question (86.5 n/a)

Resortx

Dec 20, 2009
Spokane
Im picking up where someone else left off but ive got what looks like a ground wire coming off the wiring harness right around my injector plugs... where does it go? It looks like it would go right around the starter area maybe?

The car is an 86.5 n/a

also have a broken fuel pressure vsv i believe?
it sits right on top of a little canister...

I was just going to try to delete all of the egr and charcoal canister
at this point im just trying to get it running... and sort the rest out later

is that vsv really needed to run properly or just emissions?

could i just bypass it and plug the hoses? or maybe just route it straight through without the switch so its always open?

actually... just looking around more im going to delete my egr and can i use my vsv for my other fuel pressure vsv? it has the same plugs figure its prob the same switch?

25804 is the valve i need can i use 25860 egr vsv instead?

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab4/resortx813/7mgevhremove1.jpg

also what else can i remove as far as egr? all the red is what i know i can remove

Last edited:

SRZMK3

why do you want to remove the egr? that is a bad thing to do to your engine it can cause higher combustion temperatures from not intorducing inert gasses, therefore you can burn a hole in your valve.get a junkyard vsv they are a common thing on toyotas... and the ground wire bolts onto the intake.

Resortx

Dec 20, 2009
Spokane
Alright so Mid 80's Toyotas on the VSV? are all the vsv's different or are they the same? my idea is they are the same... just an electric switch to route vacuum?

as long as they have the same plug?

my egr will probably go back on at this point i just want to get it running
dunno if the engine is even any good