Wiring Diagram for Stereo, is 1 + or minus?

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Yeah i am trying to wire up a nice deck on my brothers car, but the old stereo from a previous owner was nicked a long time ago, and a bunch of stuff was ripped. We have every wire, its just we do not have the old connector to tell us which is plus and which is minus like i did on my car.
Any help?
D_025.gif

Buddafucco

Beef Supreme
Mar 3, 2007
Tampa Bay
If you take a drill battery, you can touch the 2 wires to the terminals on the battery. The speaker will pop out if correct, or pull in if backwards. The battery terminals have to tell you which is + or - though.
No worrying about whether you got it right or not with that method.

Who

Supramania Contributor
Buddafucco;973831 said:
If you take a drill battery, you can touch the 2 wires to the terminals on the battery. The speaker will pop out if correct, or pull in if backwards. The battery terminals have to tell you which is + or - though.
No worrying about whether you got it right or not with that method.

You can use a 9 volt battery as well. When the speaker moves out or towards you, you have the correct polarity. Note the wires on the marked battery terminals and you now have the polarity of each wire.

No disrespect intended=Buddafucco

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
So i snagged into another problem. The deck itself gets power, we know that. It loads up a disc fine. It ejects it fine. But the thing after it does that it powers off... Any ideas guys? Anything that might affect it?

Buddafucco

Beef Supreme
Mar 3, 2007
Tampa Bay
None taken.
I only specified drill because most guys installing a stereo have a cordless close by.
I learned about that trick back in the day from a colorblind stereo installer. :biglaugh: A test light and a battery= system installed.

Buddafucco

Beef Supreme
Mar 3, 2007
Tampa Bay
CryoSlash;974003 said:
So i snagged into another problem. The deck itself gets power, we know that. It loads up a disc fine. It ejects it fine. But the thing after it does that it powers off... Any ideas guys? Anything that might affect it?

Powers off after ejecting the disk?

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
powering off after ejecting a disk? sounds like a wiring fault in the deck. Is it a new deck? Take it out of the car, and wire it up just so it gets power, then try the cycle again. If it does, then you probably have a bad deck. If it doesn't, theres probably a lose connection or break with the stereo's wiring.

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
what type of deck is it? did you wire it to a different power source? take it out of the car, and wire it straight to the battery. Still do it? If so, i'd call the manufacturer ASAP before warranty runs out.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
it is a JVC KD-G340. It has blue tooth and all sorts of non sense. I hooked it up to a battery and it does work, but i don't think it can power up without the ignition.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
So it turned out to be a blown fuse in the kick panel. No idea how it became blown because it was working when we took out the stereo before.
Oh well.

Anth505

Failte
Apr 8, 2007
Toronto Ontario
I wonder who gets the credit for driving to your house to show you how to use a multimeter to test for voltage, and to tell you to check your fuses??..And for re-wiring your 'questionable' head unit wiring job?

Hmmm, I wonder who that was?

You see everyone, our buddy Tom here (or 'Sven', as he is known in the Toronto Supra Club) has been going around now for quite some time calling himself the 'Champ'. Other remarks such as his car is the best, his build thread is better than anyone elses, yada, yada, yada, just adds to the cockiness.

So when he posts up a thread and calls members of his local club for help and it turns out to be a BLOWN FUSE, easily detecable with a multimeter (which was at his disposal), the irony of the 'Champs' situation becomes completely comical. In other words, when I found out what the problem was...I nearly pissed myself laughing!!! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Of course, Sven asked me to keep this quiet, but....nah. It's too funny!

Now I'm off to tell the Toronto guys...:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Sebcola

Kick His ass!
Mar 19, 2006
mississauga
Anth505;974327 said:
I wonder who gets the credit for driving to your house to show you how to use a multimeter to test for voltage, and to tell you to check your fuses??..And for re-wiring your 'questionable' head unit wiring job?

Hmmm, I wonder who that was?

You see everyone, our buddy Tom here (or 'Sven', as he is known in the Toronto Supra Club) has been going around now for quite some time calling himself the 'Champ'. Other remarks such as his car is the best, his build thread is better than anyone elses, yada, yada, yada, just adds to the cockiness.

So when he posts up a thread and calls members of his local club for help and it turns out to be a BLOWN FUSE, easily detecable with a multimeter (which was at his disposal), the irony of the 'Champs' situation becomes completely comical. In other words, when I found out what the problem was...I nearly pissed myself laughing!!! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Of course, Sven asked me to keep this quiet, but....nah. It's too funny!

Now I'm off to tell the Toronto guys...:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
As much as i know this happened, when my brother does a small mistake like this one, it is unfair to jump on him. Sure he has an ego, but it is not as if he doesn't make mistakes as well. There is no one more hard working on not only his car, but mine as well, and he helps a lot of friends with theirs too, so i don't think it's fair to him to mock him for a little mistake when i am sure you have made a few yourself.
BTW the champ is his nickname around here... not self proclaimed.
anyway thanks for helping my brother with the deck wiring anthony, he was looking at it all day and just needed someone to help him take a step back and look at it.
hope you had fun driving my car for a bit too!
-Sebastian

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
Sebcola;975044 said:
As much as i know this happened, when my brother does a small mistake like this one, it is unfair to jump on him. Sure he has an ego, but it is not as if he doesn't make mistakes as well. There is no one more hard working on not only his car, but mine as well, and he helps a lot of friends with theirs too, so i don't think it's fair to him to mock him for a little mistake when i am sure you have made a few yourself.
BTW the champ is his nickname around here... not self proclaimed.
anyway thanks for helping my brother with the deck wiring anthony, he was looking at it all day and just needed someone to help him take a step back and look at it.
hope you had fun driving my car for a bit too!
-Sebastian

you guys are taking this way too seriously. Thomas runs a lot of shit on the forums (in fun) and anthony is now busting tom's balls (in fun). relax.