wiring an 88 heater unit into 89 chasis?

Scott 88-1JZ

Dec 9, 2007
California
I am in the middle installing the heater unit from my 88 into my 89. The 89 shell was missing it when I bought it. Everything has been going good until I tried the last connector. There are three connectors at the top left of the heater unit. The 2 bigger connectors plugged together but the third smaller one did not. I have attached the pictures so you can see. The car will not have AC. So on to the questions.

1. Can I leave this disconnected / what is it for?

2. Is there a way to connect it? I can get the wire colors if needed? But i was unable to find them yet on the wiring diagram.

88 Heater unit connector
picture.php

89 heater unit plug from firewall
picture.php

picture.php

Scott 88-1JZ

Dec 9, 2007
California
I am still working on this problem. I looked up the wires in the TEWD and discovered that the wires are coming from the Recirc/ Fresh Control Servo Motor and goes to the connector for the A/C Relay box. I have been unable to find a 88 TEWD anywhere. I am thinking this connection controls the fresh air / recirculation flap inside the heater box. I may be able to leave it disconnected and still have my heater operate. Although since the connection is different it is making me wonder what else is different and if it will work at all.

Does anyone have a link to one or can send me a scanned image of the wiring diagram for the Auto A/C for an 88 (cygnus1 tewd was for a 89, and TSRM was for a 90)? Any advice would also be appreciated.