Wiring a 1jz Chaser into a MA70 Car, Help! Yes I've searched

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
So I've got some guys and a local supra buddy who has a chaser 1jz and wants to wire it into his MA70 88 turbo car. I've searched here and find very little info, mostly saying it is a pain in the ass to do. Wiring diagrams are few and far between.

He is asking for my help this weekend and I thought I would give him a hand, hopefully we can get this thing plugged up are ready to start.

SM brethren and womenz, I shout to the mountains for your help!

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
http://www.supras.nl/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=34&Itemid=50 1jz wiring
http://www.supras.nl/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=38&Itemid=54 2jz wiring
http://www.autosportwiring.com/toyota.htm I bought the Chaser patch harness it supplied the missing ecu plugs for the body side. I t also makes for good pigtails to wire in every thing.
http://www.1jz.com/tech/docs/wiring/EA21989.pdf

I am just starting to do this so I am going to make a lenghty post and have it stickied. Wanna work together and get a good thread made?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Sure, I'll take a ton of pictures when I head up there to help them finish this, as this harness seems the least documented swap out of the 3.

inline6fan

need some six-ness
Jun 5, 2007
Maine
I am in the process of wiring in a JZX90 1jz into my SC300. The cars are different, but the premise is the same.

There needs to be thorough documentation of the jzx81 jzx90 chaser 1jz.

I will shed a little light on Harness Plug orientation.

ECU PLUGS

(Omitting the 16 pin with TRAC, Fuel pump relay circuit,etc.)

{||||} -Sensors

{|||} -Sensors

{XXX} - TRAC

{||} -12+ Power to ECU. Locate this plug From 90's 6-cylinder car. Got mine from 96' V6 626 Mazda.

BODY PLUGS

[======] White ???Dash???

[======] Gray ???Dash???

|===| Gray B/R & B/Y wires in this plug for Sensor/Coil 12+v power
|===|

|==| White ???
|==|

|==| Small Gray ???TRAC???

Gotta get these information gaps filled for the masses!

Lots of people in my searching over this subject already have the swap finished, but won't share details. Either that or a bunch of re-hashed hearsay.

inline6fan

need some six-ness
Jun 5, 2007
Maine
I need to find out what plugs do what on the ECU side of the chaser harness.

ECU pinout and wire colors have been covered. I wanna know what plug is TRAC, Dash, Trans, etc.

Then I will make a swap post with these details in mind.

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
well I assume that you are talking about the two missing "body plugs" . There is not many connections that I made.. I took my entire harness and laid it out on a table and started at each plug omitted every wire I didn't need to run the car.

The extra plugs are the Trac, Diag box, Ac wiring,Hydro fan crap. Once I got rid of that. I didn't have much left. Are you planning on using TRAC? if so start at the secondry tps and trace wires to plug. The only way I figured it out was to trace the wires. Are you trying to figure out what plugs are the IJ1,IJ2, IK1, from the soarer harness in ma71 thread? It is not applicable.

inline6fan

need some six-ness
Jun 5, 2007
Maine
I just wanted to list what plugs do what for myself and other people searching.

Yes IJ and IK are the plugs I wanted to decode.

Is the white IK the Dash or the Gray IK? Which one is the trans plug?

Basically, is the Chaser harness wire colors and plugs the same as soarer?

JP85MX73

May 24, 2010
NY
i did the jzx90 swap on my cressy use these pinouts
u just need b+ , main relay, ign and batt off the main harness... The sensor and starter wires are orange/blk and orange/red in one of the grey body plugs...
and i wouldnt bother with trac or abs... its a supra do you really want trac control fighting you on boost?

Attachments

• scan0005..jpg
    scan0005..jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 57
  • scan0003-1..jpg
    scan0003-1..jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 55
  • scan0002..jpg
    scan0002..jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 52
  • pinnnnnnnnnnnnnn.jpg
    pinnnnnnnnnnnnnn.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Myecuplugggs..jpg
    Myecuplugggs..jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 39

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Those plugs do not exist on the x90 harness that is what I am saying. The plugs are NOT the same. The two large gray ecu plugs are the only ones that are the same.

If you want to decode the plugs. strip the harness and trace the wires. Attach the harness to the 1j, Label plugs, Take a board and staple zip-tied plugs and trace the wires from plug to plug. This will answer all your questions.

Their are like four plugs that are left.
p1641854_1.jpg

Most of this was discarded
p1641854_2.jpg

Gone as well
A lot of this was from the diagnostic plug. I only kept the wires used to check codes.
p1641854_3.jpg

This is what you have to do to figure out the wires

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
Aww you can just use a voltmeter :) But at least when you tear it apart it looks nicer.
I wish I had time to do that for you but it looks like youve got it under control :)

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
^ This oh yeah I am golden . The car has been running for a month now. You are right a voltmeter works better. I wanted to remove unwanted wires and repair any damage to wires. Now it is all neat and clean. Most if not all of the info I got for this was from your wiring guide.

inline6fan

need some six-ness
Jun 5, 2007
Maine
My 1jz runs as well. I got the engine harness and ECU wired up. The only thing I am missing is: Auto Trans plug wired in, Dash, tach, speedo, etc.

There is only one plug of the jzx90 harness that plugs into the sc300 body harness, and I had to repin it.

The Square gray one w/ b/r , b/y that powers the coil, sensors, etc.

I need to find sc300 body plugs for IK and IJ, and wire them up I guess.

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
I have some IK and IJ plugs.

matt, y3eah it's funny I know way more about the jdm newer stuff than anything. Got every wire for every jz after 1991 right here in my brain haha.

inline6fan

need some six-ness
Jun 5, 2007
Maine
Do IK and IJ change at all between supra and sc300? Probably not, but the chaser IJ and IK look almost the same, except the they have a little more meat on the outsides and doesnt quite fit in the socket. The pin arrangement is the same, but the plugs are wider.

pm me with a paypal or whatnot for those plugs!