wire tuck

rj_conerly

Jan 13, 2009
ruffin, nc
For years I've seen many civics and accords with clean as hell engine bays all due to a nice wire tuck. Well I did a pretty easy one in my RX7 FC and it came out pretty good and i didn't need to cut any wires or do any extensions. Well to make a long story short I want to clean up my engine bay doing a wire tuck. So for all of ya'll that did them i need ideas for where to tuck and suggestions and pics would be great. Thanks.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
it depends if you want to keep everything... like p/s... abs... and all of that stuff.

the problem is that you see hondas that run on map, so that frees up some stuff, and they just dont have the crap we do in the engine bays... so you'll never really get the full look of a wire tuck.

rj_conerly

Jan 13, 2009
ruffin, nc
Rennat;1258328 said:
it depends if you want to keep everything... like p/s... abs... and all of that stuff.

the problem is that you see hondas that run on map, so that frees up some stuff, and they just dont have the crap we do in the engine bays... so you'll never really get the full look of a wire tuck.

oh i agree totally. but the way that the power steering and abs looks on the n/a especially is great i mean no wires and its goes with the floating engine look that i'm going for.

Steely;1258480 said:
well how about the best wire tucks with ps and abs in tact or maybe relocated

X2 on this it if aint too bad i'll do it. i pretty much got the passenger side done though. for the abs all id was take off the clips and put the wires in the hole in the body right behind it and put the fuel pump relay behind the abs and it looks ok i mean it ain't the best but i don't want to lose my abs maybe one day i'll move it somewhere's else from under the hood.

shaeff;1258613 said:
I just posted in this thread about a wire tuck on my fuse block, and posted a pic.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90304

i saw this tread and it is what got me wondering in the first place. i mean that tuck you did is clean and from the sounds of it not hard at all. but i want everything tucked and out the way. i always liked the floating engine look. its nice and you can make out all the details of the engine that way and i want it, so i need ideas please.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Steely;1258747 said:
nice job... how hard was it.. how long did it take?

It took me about a half hour or so. I used an engraver to engrave the wire color combos to the underside of the fuse box to prevent mixing up circuits. That's the part that took the most time. LOL.

rj_conerly;1258962 said:
i saw this tread and it is what got me wondering in the first place. i mean that tuck you did is clean and from the sounds of it not hard at all. but i want everything tucked and out the way. i always liked the floating engine look. its nice and you can make out all the details of the engine that way and i want it, so i need ideas please.

Thanks, it wasn't very difficult. It would be relatively easy to do a full tuck. For example, I ran my intake manifold wiring UNDER the intake (I have a shortrunner FFIM) so all you see on the driver's side is an empty fenderwell, and the FFIM with a 75mm throttlebody sticking off the end of it. It's pretty cool.

The passenger side fender well is tucked on my car, too. The only thing I had left to deal with was the stuff around the oil pressure sensor, oxygen sensor, and CPS. Most of the other stuff was pretty well hidden. It's really a shame I'm junking this car, as I put a decent amount of work into the engine bay. Oh well...

rj_conerly

Jan 13, 2009
ruffin, nc
shaeff;1258967 said:
Thanks, it wasn't very difficult. It would be relatively easy to do a full tuck. For example, I ran my intake manifold wiring UNDER the intake (I have a shortrunner FFIM) so all you see on the driver's side is an empty fenderwell, and the FFIM with a 75mm throttlebody sticking off the end of it. It's pretty cool.

The passenger side fender well is tucked on my car, too. The only thing I had left to deal with was the stuff around the oil pressure sensor, oxygen sensor, and CPS. Most of the other stuff was pretty well hidden. It's really a shame I'm junking this car, as I put a decent amount of work into the engine bay. Oh well...

yeah i got a n/a so its a little bit different i can't do the front runner. but for the passenger side i just pulled the harness completely out and undid all the factory tape and ran the o2 senser and all the passenger stuff through the hole that the a/c lines went trhough cause i don/t have one anymore. by the way if anyone wants it pm me. but where did you run the main harness from the pass to the driver side of the engine and the stuff that run towards the fuse box from the ecu harness? and can you take some pics for me? please. And what do you mean that your junking it? Why?

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
i never bother really the only way it whould look clean to me is if you cut a new hole in the fire wall for the enigne bay harness if this is not done it beats the hole perpus to me

i did this in my other car and clean it up well hid my box as well was ture wire tuck to me but since this time not hack new holes in my car i not going to bother

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
I did a major overhaul on the wiring system on my supra.
I moved the junction box next to the battery in the driverside kick panel. any one can do this by extending the left and right side headlight power wires.
I relocated the battery to the back of the car and used a drycell in the back
I removed all the AC cruise ABS etc wiring relays etc.
Removed the rear defroster light failure antenna and wiper.
But i Added selenoid driven gas door release & rear trunk release it is powered by the old power seat circuit because i run speaco milanos much lighter.
I got rid of everything inside the doors except push button selenoids to open the doors shaved the handles & left power windows.

Using carbon fiber F1 mirrors got rid of the mirror heaters but there is infiniti kapa speakers in the door panels & rear.

I ran the wires in the fender wells above it removed plastic brackets etc.
I am using HID fogs and headlights with projector housing they draw much lower wattage then oem lights and are way brighter.

I got rid of the window squirter reservoir and now use a small one by the clutch cylinder also got rid of 100% of the wiring in the passenger front fender and the fuel relay and resistor in the passenger fender part of my simpler 12vdc fuel mod that gets rid of all the crap in that corner.

prob did alot more but cant think of it off the top of my head but this you must know if you remove any of the fender plastic arounds the front wheels you must route the wiring above the fender because eventualy it will fall and get rubbed through on the tire.

rj_conerly

Jan 13, 2009
ruffin, nc
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE;1259731 said:
I did a major overhaul on the wiring system on my supra.
I moved the junction box next to the battery in the driverside kick panel. any one can do this by extending the left and right side headlight power wires.
I relocated the battery to the back of the car and used a drycell in the back
I removed all the AC cruise ABS etc wiring relays etc.
Removed the rear defroster light failure antenna and wiper.
But i Added selenoid driven gas door release & rear trunk release it is powered by the old power seat circuit because i run speaco milanos much lighter.
I got rid of everything inside the doors except push button selenoids to open the doors shaved the handles & left power windows.

Using carbon fiber F1 mirrors got rid of the mirror heaters but there is infiniti kapa speakers in the door panels & rear.

I ran the wires in the fender wells above it removed plastic brackets etc.
I am using HID fogs and headlights with projector housing they draw much lower wattage then oem lights and are way brighter.

I got rid of the window squirter reservoir and now use a small one by the clutch cylinder also got rid of 100% of the wiring in the passenger front fender and the fuel relay and resistor in the passenger fender part of my simpler 12vdc fuel mod that gets rid of all the crap in that corner.

prob did alot more but cant think of it off the top of my head but this you must know if you remove any of the fender plastic arounds the front wheels you must route the wiring above the fender because eventualy it will fall and get rubbed through on the tire.

can we get some pics also how exactly did you do the 12vdc fuel mod?

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
rj_conerly;1262603 said:
can we get some pics also how exactly did you do the 12vdc fuel mod?

When I did it with mostly stock setup I put a jumper in it from the blue/black wire to the black/red wire the thicker one. This allows you to completely remove the resistor & the fuel pump control relay in the back left of the engine bay after that you could remove the wiring with the jumper in it from inside the engine bay to in the fender tucked away & out of view!

Right now since I have a stand alone with an aeromotive fuel pump A1000
My battery is in the back.
So my fuel pump wire is a new 14 gauge with inline fuse going from the battery post to the relay next to the cable in the back this new power wire goes to my new fuel pump mounted next to the fuel tank.

One side of the relay coil is grounded. The otherside uses the old fuel pump power wire to energize the coil. that is the black/red wire.

The input of the black red wire is hooked up now to my standalone ECU.
pictures really dont do a justice. I will see what I can do.

MasonF took some video and pictures of my car it is under the knife right now.