wire tuck (w/pics)

catback

Mar 30, 2005
bitterville
i figured i'd show what i've been up to with project MK3.
the harness was something that was bothering me for sometime, so i decided to re-rout it.
dealing with 20+ year old wires and plugs required ALOT of patience.

this is just after starting the teardown.
p908688_1.jpg

and here's what it looks like now. the runners now need some better polishing but it should be done this week coming.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

let me know what you think, comments, suggestions/critisism welcome.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I love your car........but not a big fan of the carbon fiber. Nice work on the wiring! Maybe one day if I ever go FFIM, I will ask questions. Some like............What, if anything have you done with the coil pack?

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Nice, a co-worker has a 96ish Civic with a typeR motor in it. He did a wire tuck and after looking at it you can't help but ask yourself how in the world it even runs lol. I may be able to find some pics online of it....

Good luck finishing yours up too.

cruisnhard

SM Member
Sep 27, 2007
Waupun, Wisconsin
I like the cf also. It gives it a custom look, which I am a big fan of. Also the tuck looks great. How long did it take you. I am getting ready to rewire my car also. I hope it looks half as good as yours.

catback

Mar 30, 2005
bitterville
ForcedTorque;908717 said:
I love your car........but not a big fan of the carbon fiber. Nice work on the wiring! Maybe one day if I ever go FFIM, I will ask questions. Some like............What, if anything have you done with the coil pack?

i hear ya. the CF is an aquired taste. some like it some don't.
the coil pack sits on the Dr. side fender area.
the day you go FFIM is when you really notice those ugly wires that are normally hidden by the upper plenum.
heres what it looked like last summer, you can see the coilpack location
p908849_1.jpg

cruisnhard;908785 said:
I like the cf also. It gives it a custom look, which I am a big fan of. Also the tuck looks great. How long did it take you. I am getting ready to rewire my car also. I hope it looks half as good as yours.

all together it took two nights to get it to where it is now. another day or so and it should be all back together.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
does the CF add reinforcing, or is it just for looks?

Nice engine bay though, great work

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
I cant believe you still have those shitty bolts holding down your vavle cover... you spent so much money, and you havent even gotten better bolts for those!

But awesome car none the less.

Last edited:

catback

Mar 30, 2005
bitterville
Rennat;908910 said:
I cant believe you still have those shitty bolts holding down your vavle cover... you spent so much money, and you havent even gotten better bolts for those!

But awesome car none the less.

i've never had an issue with them, so why change them.
i think most people just use too small of a phillips and wreck them.:naughty:

CRYOSLASH..i didn't get a 240z, but i'm getting a 280z that will get the motor that's in my car now:icon_evil.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
catback;908986 said:
i've never had an issue with them, so why change them.
i think most people just use too small of a phillips and wreck them.:naughty:

CRYOSLASH..i didn't get a 240z, but i'm getting a 280z that will get the motor that's in my car now:icon_evil.

Hmm.. so whats in store for the Supra Chassis?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
catback;908849 said:
i hear ya. the CF is an aquired taste. some like it some don't.
the coil pack sits on the Dr. side fender area.
the day you go FFIM is when you really notice those ugly wires that are normally hidden by the upper plenum.
heres what it looked like last summer, you can see the coilpack location
p909038_1.jpg

all together it took two nights to get it to where it is now. another day or so and it should be all back together.

I like carbon fiber in certain cases (Duane's hood comes to mind), but sometimes I feel like too much is not a good thing. I've seen CF upper intercooler covers that look good as well. I like a shift knob or shift boot, but I think the entire stereo bezel looks bad. I look at certain applications rather than thinking everything CF is great. It is your car, and you like it like that, that's what counts. Like I said, I love the rest of the car.

I understand what you mean about the FFIM needing tucked wires. But, that picture you posted gets no bigger for me. Is it supposed to?

catback

Mar 30, 2005
bitterville
ForcedTorque;909038 said:
I like carbon fiber in certain cases (Duane's hood comes to mind), but sometimes I feel like too much is not a good thing. I've seen CF upper intercooler covers that look good as well. I like a shift knob or shift boot, but I think the entire stereo bezel looks bad. I look at certain applications rather than thinking everything CF is great. It is your car, and you like it like that, that's what counts. Like I said, I love the rest of the car.

I understand what you mean about the FFIM needing tucked wires. But, that picture you posted gets no bigger for me. Is it supposed to?

yeah the picture looks fine to me,
it's funny you say that about the carbon hood and shift knobs, cause i think they're really tacky, if i got a carbon hood i would paint it to match.
with the engine bay you close the hood and it's gone until you decide to show it. but at the end of the day, to each his own right.:icon_bigg