Wire issue??

SupraTurbo_MK3

Jan 6, 2011
Amherst Ohio
Stupid question....I'm good with the engine but the wiring, I wouldn't know where to start So I'm looking for suggestions on how to diagnose this problem.

My blinkers stopped working all of them no ticking sound at all.

Dash lights went out, temp gauge and fuel gauge stopped working.

I checked all the fuses, they are all good

SupraTurbo_MK3

Jan 6, 2011
Amherst Ohio
Well they were working when I parked it....Just got it back on the road today and can't understand why all that stuff doesn't work now...I have another blinker and head light switch setup that wraps around the wheel just might swap them to see if that's the problem

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
You say you checked all the fuses, but there are some of those buggers that are harder to find. They're not all in that nice little kickpanel box, some are forward of that, including one little circuit breaker which was causing me all kinds of grief a few years back.

Water temp and fuel gauge get power from different parts of the wire harness. The fuel gauge shares power input with the tach, so something affecting power to that should affect both. All gauges share ground.

Sounds more like there's a problem at the instrument cluster itself. Pull the cluster and clean contacts, check for loose wires at the gauges themselves. There would be larger issues with a more systemic failure.

How about the idiot lights, do they come on when you first turn on the ignition? For the dash lights, does your climate control and clock dim when you turn on the switch? How about the radio lights?