Wire harness

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
My car was originally and AUTO then I swapped it to a manual and I am still using an auto ECU and wire harness. I am in the process of getting another harness but the only ones I have come across where manuals. My question is will I need to make any modification to the wiring because of the neutral switch or better yet the lack of one?

I know on the manual chassis there is a switch located on the clutch and without it the manual chassis will not start. But my car is an auto chassis so I am assuming I will need to splice a wire or two to bypass the neutral switch and allow the car to start?

What wires do I need to splice? Againg I am asking about the wire for a manual harness b/c all the links i have found were for a auto harness

Last edited:

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
Ok let me rephrase my question…. What wire on a manual wire harness do I need to splice together to by pass the neutral safety switch. All the post I have searched were for an AUTO harness.

Last edited:

SkyHawk Ecks

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Stockton, CA
I've got a similar question but it's for the opposite.

I may or may not be using an A/T harness, depending on the condition of the harness that's already in my M/T. I am taking out the engine/trans out of an Auto turbo, and putting it into my manual turbo. Swapping the trannies before installing, of course.

Will I need to cut and splice any wires to make my reverse lights work, as well as have to push the clutch in to get the starter to turn over?

iamshawn

codename: HENRO
Nov 2, 2005
Houston
from my experience the auto harness has bunch of extra connectors that were not needed on an MT car... there was one wire i had to jump when i had an auto harness on my 87 turbo. I forgot which but i will check it out tomorrow.

so auto harness >> MT car = (^__^)-b

MT harness >> AT transmission = (<__<)-p