Winter budget

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
Hello everyone. I'm trying to prioritize what to do for this winter's budget. So far, I have all the power I'll ever want with my build...now it's onto other things. I usually run a budget of $5kish max/year. If you need a better idea as to what's in my car, check out my build link in my sig.

Option one includes the following:
-Sand/prep/fix dents/respray. The body currently has 23 years of dents/dings(nothing major) and no rust. It's been resprayed before, but the previous owner didn't care to fix the dents and painted right over them. Also, the paint is starting to peel around the door edges and along the side trim. Again, nothing major, but you can notice it if you're looking for it. The exterior from a short distance looks to be about a 7/10; and from a long distance (on the road or 30+feet) 9/10. If I were to redo the paint, it would stay super red, and be done right...so that it won't ever have to be re-painted. Reputable shops are looking to cost around 4500 bux or so.
-Suprasport ma70 front lip. http://www.suprasport.com/JDM-MKIII-..._p_705.htmland
-New targa seals & window trim (rear)

Option two includes the following:
-Front brake up grade (Arizona Wilwood 4 piston brake upgrade). $1200
-Fix the A/C (custom stainless lines and probably a new/rebuilt compressor). Cost $1500
-Sparco daily driver seats $800 for a pair
-Buy my brothers old school 5-star 18x8.5 front, 18x9.5 rear 5 star Blitz for $1200 ($2500 new).
Pic of the wheels in the next reply...

All feedback/suggestions & other ideas welcome.

Last edited:

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
I like option 2. My opinion, as long as your body isn't really faded/no rust/no major damage, I would put body near the bottom of my priorities.
-AM3

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I'm with AMIII on this one, I'd go with the stuff that actually makes driving more fun. :)

Skeezix

Supradope
Dec 30, 2009
Regina, SK
With still being at least an 8/10, option two for sure. Maybe next year it will look more like a six and you can do it then.