Winglesss vs Wing, which do you prefer?

Wingless vs Winged? Which do you prefer?

• Wingless

Votes: 43 41.0%
  • Winged

Votes: 62 59.0%

• Total voters

sweet89s13

Researcher
Feb 3, 2008
Potsdam, NY
I used to think MkIV's only looked good with wings until i saw a wingless one, and i was sold. LOVE the wingless. But as it has been said some cars other than supras, it depends on the car for the wing.

stakie

May 7, 2005
Neptune, NJ
If you're looking at pictures, it's the angle the picture is taken at, will pull off the good wingless look. For instance, the third picture of the red MKIV on the freeway is just a bad picture, which shows "the hump". The second one is just fierce!!!!!

The Tiger life link is another example of nice wingless MKIV (not feeling the gold rims though)

A good wingless look needs to be combined with a number of things, imo:
1. Angle of the muffler
2. Size of the tires to give you that "big ass" look.

I havetwo MKIIIs, winged(90 turbo) and wingless (92 NA black) I am leaving it wingless for now/it's the last thing I'm going to do to change the car. I want to see what the upgraded wheels and exhaust system do first, before I install the wing. I just love admiring big asses.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Bleh, the stock wing sucks. I despise it. No matter how you look at it, or what angle, it's better with no wing. The hump on the back of the trunk is sexy as hell all alone. No need to give the Jolly Green Giant a way to pick your car up when he decides to take over the world...

And it will happen. :Sigh:

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
shaeff;997436 said:
Bleh, the stock wing sucks. I despise it. No matter how you look at it, or what angle, it's better with no wing.

Not true, from strait behind it looks fine, as the wing blends in with the lines.

No stock wing on ANY supra (MKI-MKIV). Other styles allowed.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
You can argue all you want, as it won't sway my opinion. ;) I personally hate the stock spoilers on MKIV's. I've seen them from all angles, and to me, every angle looks better with no spoiler. :)

And I disagree. I don't think it blends at all.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
I like supra that are wingless but nothing is sexyer than a MKIV with a TRD wing.It just flows with the lines of the car nicey.I rather a wingless supra than the stock wing

greg88

May 14, 2005
Lowell, Arkansas, United States
IMO those pictures of wingless MKIVs only look good from certain angles. Any shots of the back end just look wrong and goofy. It's almost like saying "I'm broke and can't afford real mods but I'm dying to wrench on my car!" :biglaugh:

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
RazoE;999071 said:
Nothing sexier than a BLACK widebody wingless MKIV...

don't make me repeat myself..:D

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
The mk4 looks good stock with stock wing, if it has a kit thats aggressive a TRD or RMM wing is definately a plus, wingless looks good on black, RSP, and anthracite with right bodykit on it and wheels too.

MK3 NEEDS THE 3 PIECE NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!!!!