Windshield washer hoses?

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
The PO removed almost all traces of the windshield washer setup and I've decided to finally add it back.

I've got almost everything back in except the hoses that go to the front nozzles. I found this diagram which helped a lot, I need the top part of the setup now.

I have the hose leading from the pump to where the nozzle hose would connect. The hose from the pump is bigger than what fits on the nozzle though. It shows a splice connection and a T connection, does one of those reduce the outlet size to the smaller hose? Or do those 90* bend adapters(85348D) reduce the size?

I was going to just get a T fitting and run some hose to each nozzle but found out the hose won't fit onto the nozzles. I just thought I would ask incase someone has replaced those hoses and happens to know the sizes or adapters needed.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Well, I found the main hose is 6mm and used a reducer to go to a 4mm hose then to a T out to each nozzle. Napa didn't have a 4mm T so I had to get a huge one that is cut to size, might look at replacing it later since its so huge and out of place.

Overall they work great, not sure why people complain about these nozzles. Each nozzle puts out 2 heavy streams of water for me and can be aimed in all directions. When aiming I had the water shooting over the entire car and landing on the back window/ground. I cleaned out the nozzles really well too they were clogged with who knows what.

,Incase anyone searches about windshield sprayers...