windsheild sprayer gave out..

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
hmm anyone have any input on this one.. my windsheild sprayers gave out... but yet my headlight squirters and rear sprayer works fine... i cant hear the pump or anything when i hit the switch from in the cab.. but the wipers do go as if it was spraying?

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
I'd still say check the sprayer motor itself, then look at your fuses

BTW: How the hell do you spray your headlight washres?! I've got them, but never knew how to use them.

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
theres a button on the dash.. right by the hazard switch.. US cars dont have em though! the washer pump is on the bottle is it not?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
US cars came with headlight washers, but they were discontinued later on...

i have them, and when i'm complete with my bodywork, i'll no longer have them. ;) they're like little pimples on the front of my supra...

-shaeff

Disced

Pie + NYQuil = FTW
Apr 5, 2005
Edmonds, Wa
I re-routed mine to my FMIC but they don't work.... Bastads!

Also, my squirters don't work either for my windshield... Damn that JON guy!

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
86.5-88 cars had them. I think all turbos in those years had them and NA's with the sport package.

Make sure you have fluid in the tank first off, then check to see if the squirters are clogged and check the lines for holes/kinks.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
Headlight washers were on all 87-88 Turbos in the USA. Optional (sport package) on 86.5-88 N/A's in the USA. Weren't available on 89+ models in the USA.

Same deal for Canada except we kept getting them on 89-92 models as well.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
for some reason my van had an issue this summer, whenever id go to wash the windshield the hose would blast off of the fitting leading to the hood, and my fluid would be pumped all over the ground. problem solved, got a small hose clamp at the hardware.

lets hear the problem once youve got it figured out. and jeff, what month is it?

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
this happened with mine when i first got the car, filters were clogged. found this out after i redid all the lines and checked the motors to see they were getting fluid out.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
Clip said:
for some reason my van had an issue this summer, whenever id go to wash the windshield the hose would blast off of the fitting leading to the hood, and my fluid would be pumped all over the ground. problem solved, got a small hose clamp at the hardware.

lets hear the problem once youve got it figured out. and jeff, what month is it?

December?

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
When I got my Supra the windshield spray pump was siezed. I tore it apart, cleaned it out and lightly sanded the sides of the two little gears with some VERY fine sandpaper. Put it all back together, crip the metal tabs back down and haven't had a problem since.

Of course replacing the pump with a new one would be quicker, but only by 5 minutes.