Windows 7.

T-MA71

Always broken down member
Mar 16, 2008
Nashua, NH
SupraOfDoom;1457800 said:
Buying a PC from Best Buy was what he did wrong.

What do you mean? I don't understand how performance of a computer has anything to do with bestbuy? And plus thats the only place that sells em around here. Circuit city is gone compusa is gona, staples doesnt have any selection. Either its buy online or bestbuy.

T-MA71

Always broken down member
Mar 16, 2008
Nashua, NH
I do too. It didn't come with any software other than norton anti-virus. I was reading some reviews of what other people think of that certain computer and i guess its a common problem? Thats why i was asking what bestbuy had to do with it. But yea building is the way to go.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Setheroo;1457830 said:
I haven't ever had troubles with my Vista yet.... so why upgrade?

I mean seriously, what does 7 do that Vista doesn't?!

Odds are, I will have 7 on a new laptop or something - I am in the market for a netbook as we speak - so I might try it out on one of those.

It's snappier and less in your way than Vista for starters...

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Windows 7 runs in half the footprint of Vista. It has enough new tweaks (multitouch tablet input, anyone?) to keep my attention. Lots more convenience features - ever since Apple started really pushing desktop convenience to the limit, Windows has been lagging behind, and now they are really starting to catch up.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
^its multi-core/thread support is superior from what i understand as well which is a biggy for all the newer LGA1156 and LGA1366 platforms out there. Even for some of the LGA775 users as well.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
alexscof;1457770 said:
There's not a whole lot of differences besides cosmetic. I feel like they just took all of the cool features of osx and ubuntu and added them to windows. Ubuntu still kicks ass.

until it can support 2 monitors it still sucks imho. win7 isnt bad but I'll keep my dual boot between XP Pro and 7.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
MKIIINA;1459581 said:
until it can support 2 monitors it still sucks imho. win7 isnt bad but I'll keep my dual boot between XP Pro and 7.

I was thinking about grabbing some of the cool stuff and adding those to xp. I just tried loading up my phone/software and it won't connect.:: angry :: and on one my good pc amd isn't going to support my older ati radeon graphics card=lame.

Dual boot? my son had unbunto? I think never tried loading it.