Window Defogger not working

chris_2jz

Feb 17, 2009
tampa
I have a 88 Supra with a 1jz swap and the A/C, Heater, and window defogger dont work. I have a 89 A/C cluster gauge, idk if thats the source of my problems i tried looking here on the forums but cant seem to find anything. The problem im having is when i try using the heater it wont work even though the coolant lines are connected properly and the air coming from the blower isnt circulating through the system causing me not to be able to use the window defogger and i know the A/C compressor needs to be charged but i know it wouldnt work. Idk if i have an electrical problem or me using the 89 A/C cluster is causing all this. Any help will be much appreciated or just the first steps in the right direction would be great! Thanks in advance

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Do you have all the ducting? Is the fan blowing strong or weak? If the fan is blowing only on MED OR HIG you need the blower motor resistor, it will blow ALOT stronger on LOW & MED then it is right now on MED & HIG. If you do not have all the air ducting then it won't circulate properly as the air is just being pushed around where ever.

I have the same issue, but i have no AC and only heat, my windows FOG up immediately =/. I was told to put regular shampoo on the inside of my windows (NO WATER) and i did. Guess what? Works like a charm!, ITs just a PITA to apply it as you have to continue to wipe the shampoo on until it is clear and not visible

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
OneJArpus;1763548 said:
I have the same issue, but i have no AC and only heat, my windows FOG up immediately =/. I was told to put regular shampoo on the inside of my windows (NO WATER) and i did. Guess what? Works like a charm!, ITs just a PITA to apply it as you have to continue to wipe the shampoo on until it is clear and not visible
RainX does the same thing, and it's a LOT easier to apply. :)

chris_2jz

Feb 17, 2009
tampa
OneJArpus;1763806 said:
I tried the rainx and it sucks, fogs after a few hours =/ and i know im doing it right the windows are always clean when applied... =/

I noticed that to. I think rainx works best outside

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

chris_2jz

Feb 17, 2009
tampa
jetjock;1763851 said:
You know RainX makes different products right? One specifically for use as anti-fog?

I actually bought that not to long ago they come in a pack that looks like baby wipes, they don't work all that great imo

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I used some anti-fog chemical for the inside of the windows, but I forget the brand. Quite frankly, I wasn't impressed. However, I try to keep a few clean rags in the car to wipe down the inside of the windows once in a while.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
So what exactly is your problem OP, the air won't come out of the defroster vent, or air won't come out of anywhere at all? Is the blower motor running?

chris_2jz

Feb 17, 2009
tampa
CyFi6;1764392 said:
So what exactly is your problem OP, the air won't come out of the defroster vent, or air won't come out of anywhere at all? Is the blower motor running?

To be exact when I turn the A/C or heater (i have a 89 a/c cluster panel) air comes out from the front vents but won't circulate anywhere else cause the defogger not to work or feet warmer. Im trying to figure out if using the 89+ a/c panel will cause me not to have a/c, heater, or defogger. The panel gets electricity I can choose fan speed I can set the temp dial where I want but thats about it

chris_2jz

Feb 17, 2009
tampa
CyFi6;1765025 said:
The climate control itself is not going to be the issue unless it is defective. When you select the different positions such as defrost or floor, does the indicator light come on for whatever position you selected?

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=AC&P=44

There is how you can test the mode servo

Yea the indicator comes on when I select