Win the lottery - what car to buy tomorrow?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
So, here's a question for the dreamers out there.

Say you won the lottery, and decided to buy a car. What would it be? What color, what options?

Lets set a couple ground rules here too - ONE car only, or some people here would just buy one of everything, and let's keep it under $100,000 as you don't want your car to be a significant impact to your winnings.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
i would make my car a caged street/track slut. gt40 dual ball bearing, tremec tko, jic flta2's and some lightweight wheels. paint it up real nice. it would be almost show quality, but be able to kick the shit out of whatever you bring, short of a cbr600 shifterkart.

then i would look for a clean 92 teal shadow gray leather targa 5spd or even auto... just a very nice comfortable daily driver
then perhaps find a ridiculously overpriced due to condition blue t-top s/c aw11 mr2. coilovers and some panasports. minor bolt ons. something to take up to the mountains and impress myself with.

lanternman

Apr 21, 2005
MI
Too bad it has to be under 100K, I really want this: http://www.carpictures.com/contents/05ECA103523774.html
Ha, if you think the mkiii is heavy, how about 6500lbs and still 0-62 in 4.4 sec.

Sadly I've been daydreaming about winning the lottery alot lately, and hell the mega millions jackpot is over $100 million right now, so this would'nt really put a dent in it.

I guess if it had to be in the realm of sanity I'd go for a new Z06. Hell, its the fastest thing you can get for under 100K, then I'd have my track car and with the money I have left over, I can turn my mkiii into the killer gt car it should be.

...edit, I guess I really couldn't buy the Z06 tomorrow, but I'd put my order in. :icon_bigg

Last edited:

lanternman

Apr 21, 2005
MI
Good call man, I hear those Noble M12's are pretty awesome cars. Not sure how I feel about the looks, but I'd like to see one in person.

Anomili

Obsessed
Apr 9, 2005
In an Igloo
www.cardomain.com
I'm gonna have to break the one car rule.

1) Fix my current mk3 up to perfection (all performance) then remove the spoiler and prey on anything and everything.
2) 7Mify a MK2
3) Buy a nice mk4 daily driver.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
maybe a BMW M5 or M3, I'm not sure what the difference is... whichever one I like most...

then make a MK3 nicer than Ultra7m, and the two guys on SF who have super-nice mk3's.... COMBINED!

haha

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
91 ferrari 512 testarossa. black. Just because it was my first matchbox car.

and of course, supercharged c5 z06 to cart around in, like I will be next spring.

L

lanky189

69 VW beetle with a carbed rotary running a blow thru turbo system, raidator up front.

stakie

May 7, 2005
Neptune, NJ
Justin said:
maybe a BMW M5 or M3, I'm not sure what the difference is... whichever one I like most...

then make a MK3 nicer than Ultra7m, and the two guys on SF who have super-nice mk3's.... COMBINED!

haha

BMW M3 = 2dr, I-6, 333hp, 13.5@105.8mph, $46,500

BMW M5 = 4door, V-8, 394hp, 11.3@108.5, $69,900

Honorable mentions though are: Mercedes E55 AMG, Jaguar S Type-R, and Infiniti M45 Sport( :love: )

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
i've thought about this, when i win the lottery i'm gonna use the lottery winnings to make more money, as in real estate, collector cars that will resale for lots more etc. i havent really considered just buying a dozen mkIII's and runnign them all to hell cus that wouldnt be the economic and bussiness thing to do.

if i won the lottery jackpot i would get a car i could enjoy as much as life itself and be able to pass down to my kids so they could sell it and go to college.

and my hands are tyed between a
1965 jaguar E-type cabriolet

OR

a 1993 jaguar xj220 twin turbo v6.

im a 6 cylinder man no more no less and i love jaguars older utter beuity when it comes to creating amazing engines and beuitiful bodies..

encomiast

boosted kraut
Mar 31, 2005
germany
Only one car.... hm, that's difficult.
I guess if I had the money and wanted to buy a car, the first thing I would do would be to test drive my favourites of expensive cars and make my decision afterwards.

If I could only buy one car, I'd probably keep my MKIII and make a real fun car out of it, so I'd need a daily driver which is still fun to drive.
Hmmm.... like a 2003 Audi RS6 station wagon, with a V8 twin turbo? I normally don't like German cars, but this one is an exception. I'd probably put a "1.6 FSI" or "1.9 TDi" badge on it and watch the Porsche driver's faces on the autobahn when I smoke them :naughty: