**wilwoods spare bambi**

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Well, I can honestly say that the WILWOOD BBK I bought from ARZ (Andy) at Arizona Performance SAVED THE DEER tonight... and REALLY spared my supra!!!:aigo:

p1344733_1.jpg

^^^ Okay, so that's not THE same deer... rather one that bound across my driveway before work one morning...;)

I had just left the BP up the way a few miles, and having replaced my EGT bung tonight, was doing a few romps through the early gears, and otherwise playing with the car a little... when, as I came out from UNDER I-75 in a short four-lane stretch of local road... a car off the highway looped down and began to merge alongside me... with DARK tinted windows.. an M300 pos, or some such thing... and as he began to give it a little throttle, I punched it, got squirrely through second, and ripped a brief third before easing up at about 70... THEN I SAW IT!:icon_surp

p1344733_2.jpg

...a couple BOUNDS and bambi was airborne and a hop-skip-deertail from my lane, and I JABBED the brakes with a quick stomp that hung me in the belt, barked em' up front as the car swung just a little sideways as I got a CLOSE-UP VIEW of said bambi, just before I let it off just enough to hold a VERY RAPID WHUMP WHUMP WHUMP WHUMP WHUMP as the grooves on the rotors shed their signature note under heavy load... and the deer picked up her pace and SHOT the final few bounds off into the twilight field on the other side! PHEW!!!:biglaugh:

Shoulda had a PIC of the face on the guy in the big Chrysler who ALMOST rear-ended me... even from half-a-dozen lengths behind when I hit the binders!

WILWOODS just PAID for themselves... as the STOCKIE CREAM-CHEESE-OF-AN-EXCUSE-FOR-BRAKES would have made VENISON out of an otherwise, promising young deer a little prematurely.;)

Thanks Andy!!!:wavey:

Time for a Sam Adams...

-crisp

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
RockPaperSwoRD;1344941 said:
wow that must be awesome braking power. do you have ABS
?

Technically, yes... but I believe I may have "bypassed" it's normal function years ago... but don't remember the details!

Regardless... I can LOCK-EM-UP if I NEED to with the Wilwood's. MUCH better than normal ABS behavior, in my opinion.;)

-crisp

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
tbcmorris;1344950 said:
Great sucess!!!!!

LilMissMkIII;1344964 said:
WIN!!!!!!!

:boobies:

jugodegolf;1345062 said:
Total Win!!!

Thanks, all! I'm so happy with them... they have made my car an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT MACHINE!

(It was SO LAME on decel, and made hard acceleration an automotive Russian Roulette!)

-crisp