will turbo afm, and injectors work on an n/a? help a newb

demolition man

Jul 15, 2007
ct
alright im putting a n/a engine in my engine bay and am removing the turbo engine for a rebuild. will the afm out of the turbo work on the n/a engine seeing how i am using the turbo wiring harness? will i need to use the turbo injectors? will the turbo injectors help performance if i put on a cold air intake system on the n/a ( more air means you need more fuel)do i even need the friggin afm . any help would be greatly appreciated. i just brought the afm brand new for the turbo and dont what to have to buy another for the n/a engine?

need new tires

rubber slinger
Nov 10, 2005
Dayton,Ohio
if you are using the turbo ecu and turbo harness, then yes all the turbo stuff will work just fine on an n/a block MINUS the turbo oil and feed lines. you will have to use the n/a-t oil kit for that.
i would use the turbo injectors with a turbo maf because it is tuned for it. as for running it with no turbo, it will bog under the added fuel. but it can be done

-shane

bluedragon17

87 NA-T baby!!!
Sep 14, 2006
Vacaville, CA
actually it wont bog under the added fuel the afm will adjust for the air flow and add the necessary amount of fuel no boost no extra fuel it might run a little rich though but what supra doesnt?!?!?