Will an MHI turbo work on a 7m?

mk2 supra

Nov 28, 2009
Oregon
I searched all around and actually surprised this hasnt come up. I know this is a little bit of an odd question but I do have good reason, my CT died today, Ive already rebuilt it and I want something a little better. I got given a Greddy 18g for a DSM also today. Its a sign! I figured an adapter flange for the turbine inlet and downpipe would be in order along with a softline kit for all the plumbing, but is there any other reason this wouldnt work? Or has this been done? Thanks

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
If you got an adapter flange to mate up the turbine inlet/outlet and hooked your intercooler piping up to the compressor outlet, why wouldn't it work? It would be the same as installing any other turbo at that point.

mk2 supra

Nov 28, 2009
Oregon
IndigoMKII;2012333 said:
If you got an adapter flange to mate up the turbine inlet/outlet and hooked your intercooler piping up to the compressor outlet, why wouldn't it work? It would be the same as installing any other turbo at that point.
Gotcha, just didnt know since I havent found anything on it being done.

mk2 supra

Nov 28, 2009
Oregon
IndigoMKII;2012347 said:
Honestly, that 18g won't flow much more than a ct2657. From what I've read, the ar on the turbine housing really holds the turbo back.
Thats good to know, for some reason Im not getting a lot of info on the CTs flow characteristics, in the DSM world its all about lbs/min it can do. I dont really want anymore than what a 57 would do tho, just want around 400whp, still on the W58 trans and not sure if the R154 will go in this car or not

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
With full supporting mods. Exhaust, hardpipe, intercooler, lex afm, 550s, AFPR and a walbro 255 or similar, you can get 400 crank hp out of a 57 trim at 16-18 PSI.