Will a Wideband O2 sensor work for a GTE ECU

87supraman

Jan 26, 2006
Tucson Arizona
I know the wideband sensors have a three wire setup. power, ground and signal, is it possible to connect the supra ecu to the signal wire? Will it get an accurate reading? tell me what you think.

stew_7mgte

Jun 12, 2011
Fontana, CA
No. A wideband O2 sensor doesnt work the same way. Regular O2 puts out less than a volt for a signal and switches to tell the computer lean or rich conditions. A wideband operates at around 13.3 volts. The computer will not know what to do with that signal. The wideband controllers that driftmotion sells converts it into a signal that the ecu understands. But just putting a wideband O2 in and wiring it to the harness will do nothing for you.

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
is the wideband controller driftmotion sells required for a wideband hookup . does the ecu use the signal for tuning ?

veedubin

Official SM Decals
RiyadYar;1871716 said:
is the wideband controller driftmotion sells required for a wideband hookup . does the ecu use the signal for tuning ?

In short - a wideband uses a 0-5v scale. Factory ECU only uses 0-1v scale. Some wideband setups will have a 0-1v output in addition to its 0-5v. Innovate LC-1 does as I am currently running one. I use the 5v feed to my piggyback (MAFT Pro) and the 1v to input to the factory ECU. A wideband is a great tool to have even without a piggyback or standalone. But the factory ECU cannot be "tuned" without a piggyback of some sort.

Sent from my LG-P504 using Tapatalk 2