wierd email?

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
here's a copy of the email i recieved... is this some kind of new scam that's starting or do you think it's genuine?

Good day to you! Your car looks super - like the yellow colour too! Reason
for this e-mail is to ask assistance in finding a supplier of parts for
these cars - mine is a 1990 Mk111 with a 7M-GTE engine which is still stock
with the exception of upgrading the turbo with internals viz larger dash 25
six blade wheels. I will be re-furbishing the car shortly and will need
quite a lot of various spare parts and would appreciate it if you could
assist as we do not have parts available here in sunny South Africa.
Keep up the good work on your car,

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
could be genuine - I guess you will know when they send you the cash western union. Dont accept a cashier's check

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
no no no no no
do not do any business with that guy....
i work at a dealership.
this is a scam.
he will try to pay with a credit card. it will be accepted. then, the funds will withdraw after you have sent them, saying the credit card is not good.

it happened to us, luckily we got a notice from GM before we sent it out. what's worse, is the chrysler parts department next door had ordered 500 spark plugs for this guy... and now they're stuck with 'em....

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Lol.....supra girl....its scam...

We have had a few faxes similar to that saying that the author of the fax is a finance minister or so in South Africa with millions of dollars and he needs someone with a bank account to transfer the money to usa and in return we would get a cut....they just want your name and bank account or credit cards so they can clean it all out...

cheers,
roy

evildoer

Apr 4, 2005
Augusta, Georgia
hell no i wouldnt buy nothing for him but send him to sm or sf and he can order stuff to be mailed to his address from what i read didnt sound like he wanted supragirl to purchase anything for him

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
What kind of moron upgrades the turbo first? And where the hell can you get a larger dash?

Seriously, I have a LOT of experience with this type of thing. To date, I have ZERO genuine offers for ANYTHING from Africa, and literally thousands of scams that have been tried. You're welcome to try to follow up with the fellow, but my advice is, don't accept anything less than cash, and at that take the cash to a bank to have it verified as real.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Scam... why would he not just look up the info/business info he's looking for. Hell, using my computer access, I can probably order him a pizza from half-way around the world. Why would he need you to point him to the obvious? Just to get more leads, since most of the "advertised" businesses have already had many attempts to be scammed. Probably wants for you to point him to the smaller businesses, desperate for business.

solid400

Apr 8, 2005
Atlanta GA
I sold my laptop on ebay, got a bunch of guys from south africa saying they wanted to buy it for double what i was asking outside of ebay, I just deleted the email and blocked the sender. If all he wants is a store to contact tell him where, but warn the store, and don't do anything without real cash in hand.

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
well he didn't ask me to buy anything for him.. from my understanding he wanted to know if i had parts he needed

i guess i try to see the good in people.. so i gave him an opportunity to reply and hasn't to date
so i guess he was a scammer hehe

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
I had some fucking asshole do a buy it now on a car I was selling on ebay, and got a dam email saying he was from africa and he wanted to do a stupid payment leading me into a big circle. I told him to go fuck himself and I reported it to ebay and got my listing fee refunded :biglaugh: