wideband= passed emissions

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
well i finally passed emissions. for the longest time i was unable to pass. today i went over there and passed!!!

i didn't do anything special. didn't change the plugs or unbolt the exhaust. hell i even had 93 octane in the tank. all my emmisons material has been removed as well. no EGR, no charcoal cansiter and a high-flow 3in cat.

here is what i did. on my way to the DMV i tuned the idle to a 14.7 reading on my lm-1 wideband. here in delaware they do the 2 speed test. one at idle and the other at 2500 rpms. i actually had to add +13 on the afc-2. this gave me a 14.7 ilde and the car is running really smooth. my car is also equipped with 550's and the lex. i'm running the stock FPR. i don't feel it's nessary to upgrade the FPR. i also have the j-tube drilled out..

i'm really glad that my car is legal and i don't have to run a temp. tag anymore.

wideband is the POOP!! :sonic: :sonic:

bluemax

The Family Man
Mar 30, 2005
Orange County, CA
Good for you.
I know how you feel about not having to pass smog.
I'm in the same boat. But you got a good idea in the wide band.
Did you tune for 14.7 afr at high speed (2500 rpm) too?
If not, what was the afr at high speed?

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
at high speed i let the ecu do it's own thing cause it's still in open loop. i was seeing about 15.2-15.7 on the wideband

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
I am in the same boat too...

Too busy to smog my car but will do it sometime this month....Might have to invest in a wideband....I have methanol tho but a wideband is a great investment..

Cheers,
Roy