WI Supra owners.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
usdm_anon;1725766 said:
sooo... anybody planning on heading up to the minnesota meet? updates on cars?

Going to the MN meet is a great idea :icon_bigg

Suprasport is less than 5 miles from the border, and it's looking like turnout will be great! I live in Eau Claire and Stillwater - if there is anyone in Western WI that wants to meet up, give me a shout!

pagii

Oct 11, 2010
Madison, WI
ima try to make it up with my car or with usdm_anon :D hahaha

anybody else in the madison/milwaukee area want to meet up and cruise up there? lemme know!

text or call 608-395-7979 -alex-

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
usdm_anon;1725766 said:
sooo... anybody planning on heading up to the minnesota meet? updates on cars?

When is that meet?

Car is close as hell, installing fuel system this week!!! getting tuned next week? We'll see.
Pics to come.

As for suprasport, isnt that in CA? Do you need any BS to get in or out of CA?

Sam

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
87M-GTE;1726082 said:
When is that meet?

Car is close as hell, installing fuel system this week!!! getting tuned next week? We'll see.
Pics to come.

Sam

suprasport is out of stillwater mn

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
87M-GTE;1726082 said:
When is that meet?

Pics to come.

Sam

Here's a link to the meet thread, it's right across the Wisconsin border in Stillwater, Minnesota.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?143612-Official-Minnesota-Supra-Meet-July-2011

Here's SupraSport's google maps entry:
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?q...water,+MN.+55082&hl=en&cid=111082762940757298

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
pagii;1726001 said:
ima try to make it up with my car or with usdm_anon :D hahaha

anybody else in the madison/milwaukee area want to meet up and cruise up there? lemme know!

text or call 608-395-7979 -alex-

emiliorescigno;1726130 said:
Here's a link to the meet thread, it's right across the Wisconsin border in Stillwater, Minnesota.

I have begun making arrangements to make it up there. Looks like we should be well on our way by 6AM. Should we plan on meeting somewhere near east town, at 5 and plan to be on the road by 5:30? (to early?)

Any Milwaukee guys make it to mad town by 5AM?

I dont feel like driving 10 hrs that day, so ill likely stay the night somewhere and cruse back sunday morning.

Any input?

pagii

Oct 11, 2010
Madison, WI
hey chip i wouldnt mind meeting up! what if we friday afternoon and head back saturday night? 5am is fckin early for me ahahaha

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
Hmm Id rather not. That means driving late in the day both times (after a long day). You can handle getting up early one day, cant ya?

AKA there is no way I am trying to drive up there after work. Or driving back after the meet gets done (when ever that is). Besides its pretty likely I would like to shoot the shit with some supra folk sat night.

Moy, any chance you'll be able to make it? I have an extra bedroom on the west side of Madison, if you need it.

Last edited:

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
Moy;1726018 said:
Dave, keeping the MK3 and the MK4 or selling one to get the other?

Keeping them both for now. I love my MK3. I did buy the MK4 today...It is pretty awesome two. It is interesting how the cars are the same but different. Need to track the MK4 to get a better opinion on it. Should happen later this year.

Unfortunately this past Sunday I did an Autocross with my MK3 (already had all the plans to do the Mk4 this week previous to this happening) and thought it would be a good fathers day present to let my Dad drive the car as well. Unfortunately due to some terrible placement of a Bobcat 20ft off the track, pouring rain, and my Father being more of a newb to the track environment my Mk3 had an accident. It will be repaired and I plan to keep it. Damage is to every panel on the drives side except the front fender which I think is going to be ok.

If I did ever sell the mk3 I think my Dad would buy it as he loves that car. Which means I could always buy it back from him. I would only sell if I lost my job or something which made money tight.

I can post up some pics of the damage (need to upload the photos to photobucket), we may be in need of few different body parts that hopefully some people locally have.

Here is a picture of the bobcat the car hit...real smart placement I know. Had that not been right on the side of the track we would not be having this conversation.

p1726332_1.jpg

And me driving the car a few runs before my Dads off

p1726332_2.jpg

My Dad felt extremely terrible after it happened which I'm sure ruined his Fathers Day...Situation definitely sucks since it was a pretty clean car before this happened.

Last edited:

pagii

Oct 11, 2010
Madison, WI
hey man that sucks! if you need a replacement door lemme know i also know a really good shop over here in waterloo! my number is posted above

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
mkiiichip;1726211 said:
Hmm Id rather not. That means driving late in the day both times (after a long day). You can handle getting up early one day, cant ya?

AKA there is no way I am trying to drive up there after work. Or driving back after the meet gets done (when ever that is). Besides its pretty likely I would like to shoot the shit with some supra folk sat night.

Moy, any chance you'll be able to make it? I have an extra bedroom on the west side of Madison, if you need it.

I honestly would not be able to make it. Thanks for the offer though