why the cressida over the supra for drifting?

ettriguen

Jul 30, 2007
atlanta, ga
just wanted to check and see if anyone here knew why people rather drift the Cressida over the MKIII Supra? I think that the cressida 89' and over came with a 7M engine and weighs about the same as a supra right?

Thanks,

Ett.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
ettriguen said:
just wanted to check and see if anyone here knew why people rather drift the Cressida over the MKIII Supra? I think that the cressida 89' and over came with a 7M engine and weighs about the same as a supra right?

Thanks,

Ett.

I drove a few, and they seemed like a great car to drift.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
until i see a pro drifting a cressida, i figure its just people wanting cheap drift mobiles

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
Poodles wow are you sure I thought it was a little worse than that, not bad but just a smidge worse. My chart is at home so I cant check, what are the front and rear weights? I remember the rear end was a little heavier.

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
well i know for a fact that my supra has NO steering angle

i saw a guy locally drifting a cressida and it looked like he was getting a really nice angle

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
Poodles said:
supra are soemthing like 49/51 or 48/52, they're not that bad...

cressidas are lighter IIRC....

Everything I can find says 48% rear, 52% front, which is pretty damn good.

Get the battery in the back and somehow lighten up the front a little and I think you'd be pretty close to 50/50.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
suprabad said:

Get the battery in the back and somehow lighten up the front a little and I think you'd be pretty close to 50/50.

CF hood, call it a day :icon_bigg

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
suprabad said:

yep, and people think our cars can't handle :3d_frown:

Turn radius does suck on our cars, my old toyota truck had a smaller one. Ihad to become a master of the 3 point turn overnight (or hit the gas and have it rotate in place)

slidebabyslide

Starting FRESH !!!!
Dec 17, 2006
salinas,california
Some people like to drift with the family....lol. 4 door cars are just sleepers and people like the way the look and insurance .

Poodles i know what you mean about turn radius , my 93 4runner turns better then the sup

Push

Cressida
Aug 28, 2005
Naperville, IL
sm_photo_missing.jpg

p774497_1.jpg

why the cress? I dunno...