why not coilovers?

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
/\/\ That was Wiisass (is how I think he spelled it), and yeah, most of the 30 way, 32 way, 40 way, 60 way, 100000000 way adjustable dampers dont really do much inbetween adjustments.
Now there ARE those that really do make adjustments as well as have shock dynos to prove it. Sport Compact Car did a little comparison before they went under posting dyno graphs showing the gap between lowest setting and highest setting on several like Tein, J's Racing, Moton, KW and some others

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
I miss SCC. I learned half of what I know from them. Now the closest thing I can find is GRM.

Tein was just in one of the mags, they were showing the shock dyno graph on tein vs OE vs something else and mentioned that Tein sets their valving to be near perfect for the springs, so the knob doesn't need to do much.

Which is fine and all.... but what if you decide you want to swap springs?.. then it's off for a revalve anyway.

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
never been fond of tein ever since i almost went to work for them and learned how they actually build their stuff. SCAAARRREY man