why it wont rev passed 2500

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
It's sounding like a classic case of boost leak.

Seriously, It sounds like you need to finish the assembly of this motor before trying to run it anymore.

It will not run correctly without it's intercooler pipes!
It will not run correctly without it's vacuum lines run correctly!
It will not run correctly without the knock sensors hooked up!

Do you have some intercooler pipes coming? I have some if you need them, and won't charge you an arm or a leg for them.

Last edited:

gotsomegetsome

Age Quod Agis
Mar 31, 2008
san jose
i have the afm hooked up , just bypassing the turbo

anyways
i checked out the tps and it seems like that did it
i wiggled it around and cleaned it up and now its revving past 2500

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Geez, imagine that. And damn nice of you to thank all those who tried to help in spite of your piss poor communication. Especially the guy you blew off in post #3 who nailed it right out of the gate. Smooth move there Ace...

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Wait, so you started a help thread with half of your setup still in pieces/disconnected? WTF man.

Btw, if that's a composite head gasket that you untorqued and retorqued, it probably is blown. Can't do that with composites... Think of it like a piece of paper, once it's been folded it'll never return to it's exact original state.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
gotsomegetsome;1095628 said:
i have the afm hooked up , just bypassing the turbo

anyways
i checked out the tps and it seems like that did it
i wiggled it around and cleaned it up and now its revving past 2500

Show me pics so I can at least give you a chance.

As of right now your issue is 100% the lack of intercooler piping.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
jetjock;1095702 said:
Geez, imagine that. And damn nice of you to thank all those who tried to help in spite of your piss poor communication. Especially the guy you blew off in post #3 who nailed it right out of the gate. Smooth move there Ace...

Especially considering this Einstein's comment in post #7

gotsomegetsome;1094687 said:
i dont understand how you think its okay to assume something about me like that or insult people whom you have no idea about
you dont know what i think and frankly its really not that i decided NOT to put them back its just that i didnt know the setup on the turbo side

anywho, i'll check the timing again
i may be off a tooth, i tried to make sure it was perfect but i'll check just to be sure

Wouldn't be suprised a lot of you guys put this guy on your ignore list, considering how he completely wasted your time with his attitude and total lack of info on the problem. A classic case of: How to ask smart questions

gotsomegetsome

Age Quod Agis
Mar 31, 2008
san jose
my whole thing was to simply get it started so i can start seeing where i have problems that i never found

although i dont have the turbo "hooked up" air still runs through the afm just as if it were an N/A engine

however, it still doesnt make any sense for it not to rev past 2500 especially with all timing correct, including tps working

the problem came back today, even after i wiggled the tps, so i dont think that EINSTEIN was right after all

unless any of you work professionally on supras, then you will only have suggestions for me and no true definite answers; i emphasize suggestions even in my initial question

old men that laze around on any forum are most definitly not professionals who are able to diagnose problems correctly, compared to those professionals who do

but thanks to all those who didnt make comments that were uncalled for

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
And with that display of attitude this idiotic thread in a long line of idiotic threads by you is locked and done.
(I may be some doddery old fool hanging around a forum but hey my car runs :kickinthenuts:)

Status
Not open for further replies.