Why is this so cheap? Tanabe on Amazon

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
mcammarn;1815502 said:
so just got my tanabe medallion exhaust put on, and was a little disapointed. its def. alil louder then stock, but i was hoping for louder. i even put on 3in megan downpipe and a test pipe. i def. feel the performance out of it though. :) jus wanting it a little more loud.
Pick up a used RS*R if you're after loud. Made my 1j sound like a large displacement pissed off street bike. Was awesome around town, but it is tiresome if you drive more than a couple hundred miles...

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
Is the muffler on this (tanabe) system a straight through perforated core muffler or does it have baffles like stock?

sddriver

Jun 1, 2008
SoCal,
te72;1815763 said:
Pick up a used RS*R if you're after loud. Made my 1j sound like a large displacement pissed off street bike. Was awesome around town, but it is tiresome if you drive more than a couple hundred miles...

Lol, true. My Supra has an RS*R exhaust on it, I believe it's an older GT Mag exhaust (offset muffler), and even with the silencer in, it is pretty loud. I'm actually looking to have a custom one made with a quieter muffler down the road as I can't be driving the car like this for much longer before my neighbors start to complain. =P If you were closer, I would trade you haha.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
sddriver;1816025 said:
Lol, true. My Supra has an RS*R exhaust on it, I believe it's an older GT Mag exhaust (offset muffler), and even with the silencer in, it is pretty loud. I'm actually looking to have a custom one made with a quieter muffler down the road as I can't be driving the car like this for much longer before my neighbors start to complain. =P If you were closer, I would trade you haha.
Try driving for 2200 miles in 3-4 days at highway speeds with that setup... I can still hear it, 2 years later. :nono: