Why I haven't been on much lately bad luck galore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Took my supra for its maiden voyage and did not get far.
First I forgot to latch the hood all the way. I know stupid mistake and I paid for it so grief is not needed. Doing 75mph and having what happened is enough to learn me real good to double check it.
This was at about 2am in the morning, then when I get the hood attached down with zipties my headlight relay quite on me. Oh great so I drove for about 2 miles with the light from my hazards until I came to a strip club parking lot. Where I Managed to clean the connection good enough on the relay internals for the lights to work again, then it was back on the road.

Everything was going good my afrs were between 9.5-13.5s on my afx.

And of course I am on a back road in the middle of nowhere here in MN at 3am when I hear a dreaded noise. So I pull over and get out to get a better point to listen and sure as shit my bottom end is making a horrendous noise.

So I called my roommate who's place I was heading to (remember this is 3am in the morning.) He answers and agrees to come pick my sorry ass up, well about 40 minutes later he arrived and to my surprise grabbed a truck and hooked up his dads car trailer to pick me up, which was awesome.

So we towed the trailer the rest of the way to his dads place and that is where it sits now with a fucked up hood, roof, windshield and blown engine.

So now I have a full set of Ross pistons and Eagles rods and a freshly machined crank to go into a different block I have and I will be swapping out blocks as soon as the rotating assembly is balanced.

Moral of the story is double check your hood latch after you build a car, and do not buy a "rebuilt" engine from anyone. The engine supposedly had 0 miles on a rebuild and when I had the head off to swap my built head it had new pistons not forged but they were new, although when I had the oil pan off it had a used oil pump which I replaced anyway with a new one. But the previous owner and builde rof the engine said it had rod knock and that is why he rebuilt it so my guess is he just put in factory spec bearings on the fucked up crank and rod.

So this has been keeping me down lately.

Heres pics and a video.
Supra_Dent3.jpg

Supra_Dent4.jpg

Supra_Dent5.jpg

Supra_Dent6.jpg

Supra_Dent7.jpg

Supra_Dent8.jpg

Supra_Dent9.jpg

Supra_Dent1.jpg

Supra_Dent10.jpg

Supra_Dent11.jpg

Supra_Dent12.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIhIBEqXoFs
sorry for the long post,

-Sean

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Sean, as I said to you earlier, I'm so so sorry to see this happen! :(

Hopefully you haven't lost the motivation to have another crack at it!!!!!!!!

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
LilMissMkIII;1344997 said:
Sean, as I said to you earlier, I'm so so sorry to see this happen! :(

Hopefully you haven't lost the motivation to have another crack at it!!!!!!!!
I'm far too stupid and stubborn to be swayed away too much from this. The headlight cover is missing so I can get the paint matched.

And I am completely building a new block.

And while I wait for machine work I will finish the body and getting my interior 100% and while I have the engine out I am finishing my shave job of the engine bay and repainting it and going to make extra sure I don't scratch it putting it back together.

Justin727

T-virus infected
Monkey,

Sorry to hear this my friend... I know exactly what you're going thru. Although not thru a build but throwing some change at another car to get it perfect and it was then being pushed under an avalanche truck out of town totalling a mint car that costed a total of 1400.

Keep your head up

Last edited:

Dr Chill

4 hungry Supras
Nov 27, 2007
Mississippi
justin ^^^ Where at in Gulfport / biloxi you from ... I live off HWY 15

Bummer man , Hope some better luck comes your way soon .

Status
Not open for further replies.