Why does Toyota use 7mge in rally more often?

veedubin

Official SM Decals
IIRC the MKIII was used in group B rally. That no longer exists due to it being so dangerous.

And in my opinion, when building a car to run in those conditions with zero support onsite, staying simple NA is the way to go.

I'm simply going off memory with the group B and where the cars were used, if any info is off please correct me. :D

Sent from my LG-P504 using Tapatalk 2

Edit:

Just saw the title of the video (was on my phone and didn't watch it) It wasn't group B rally. LOL Title clearly proved me wrong. LOL

Last edited:

MPR

John 3:16
Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Oh... I should not have watched that... lol

I love rally cars and now I'm getting lots of ideas for my own car... :naughty:

MPR

John 3:16
Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
This was my civic before I sold it. Raised about 1.5" above stock with stiffer springs. The camber and geometry was corrected and the car handled WAY better than it ever did when it was lowered 2.5" below stock. It raised a lot of eyebrows, especially when I was able to keep up with a lot of other cars that should have been much faster at cayuga (Toronto motorsports park) road course. I'm seriously thinking of building by supra with a similar setup as I live where we get lots of snow with a lot of dirt roads etc. It's not a very "lowered car friendly" area is basically what I'm saying...lol. :)
p1870979_1.jpg

p1870979_2.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
MPR;1870979 said:
This was my civic before I sold it. Raised about 1.5" above stock with stiffer springs. The camber and geometry was corrected and the car handled WAY better than it ever did when it was lowered 2.5" below stock. It raised a lot of eyebrows, especially when I was able to keep up with a lot of other cars that should have been much faster at cayuga (Toronto motorsports park) road course. I'm seriously thinking of building by supra with a similar setup as I live where we get lots of snow with a lot of dirt roads etc. It's not a very "lowered car friendly" area is basically what I'm saying...lol. :)
I like it. Then again, I always did like that body (EK?) and color combo... A car doesn't *need* to be low to handle, it does tend to help though (lower center of gravity being what it is and all), as long as suspension geometry and alignment can be retained within a reasonable margin. Does look better too, but if you live somewhere where a lot car isn't feasible, and I can sympathize with you there, and coilovers aren't an option, then a tall setup like this works just fine.

Would love to see some Subaru/Evos setup like this on the street...