why am i hitting 23 psi

Status
Not open for further replies.

supramike7m

92 teal-wn turbo
Jan 29, 2006
prescott, Arizona
hey guys. not sure what is goin on but all of a sudden my car is spiking up to 23 psi boost. but wont hit fuel cut before that? could it be my map sensor or turbo pressure sensor? im gonna swap them out in the morning. but wanted to see if you guys had some advice

supramike7m

92 teal-wn turbo
Jan 29, 2006
prescott, Arizona
sorry guys im tired. yea im running a profec e01. but i turned it off and still doing it, then i pulled the hoses off the selonoid and caped them and its still doin it. other mods are intake, exhaust, new walbro pump, intercooler/ hardpipes, aem wideband.

supramike7m

92 teal-wn turbo
Jan 29, 2006
prescott, Arizona
mischief7m;1323838 said:
does it feel like 23 psi? or does it feel like 14 and just read 23?

and does it spike to 23, then fall to normal levels, or does it maintain high levels?

hard to tell, it comes on so fast.but it does maitain it. and then cut out violently

big yoggz

supramike7m;1323712 said:
hey guys. not sure what is goin on but all of a sudden my car is spiking up to 23 psi boost. but wont hit fuel cut before that? could it be my map sensor or turbo pressure sensor? im gonna swap them out in the morning. but wanted to see if you guys had some advice

Sounds like to me that your wastegate took a shit
sounds like to that your wastegate took a shit

supramike7m

92 teal-wn turbo
Jan 29, 2006
prescott, Arizona
i thought it was the wastegate aswell, but i turned out to be my boost controller selonoid. got it worked out and runs like a champ again. thanks for you help guys.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.