Whose MK3 at Summit Point 12hrs?

rcsupra

Supraddict
Sep 19, 2007
Harrisonburg, VA
This picture popped up on my local forum, taken by a crew member of the blue Golf that participated in the SCCA 12 hr enduro that took place a few days ago at Summit Point in WV. But whose MK3 is that in the background?

Summit_12hr_2008-350.jpg

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
Sweet a mk3 still doing enduro stuff, that's very cool. If yall find out who it is let me know, I'd like to get some info from them.
I wonder if that duct is for a driver cooling suit? I've seen those on several pics of mk3 race cars.

Brian

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
prsrcokr;1055931 said:
Sweet a mk3 still doing enduro stuff, that's very cool. If yall find out who it is let me know, I'd like to get some info from them.
I wonder if that duct is for a driver cooling suit? I've seen those on several pics of mk3 race cars.

Brian

yea thats probably what its for judging by the car being a 87 down im pretty sure its a IT car for the scca.

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
I saw the car running, we were there for a bit until my boss wrecked the car we were supposed to race in the first session! Car was N/A and unfortunatly slow as shit when I saw it...lol. But me and my friend were like holy shit that is bad ass! The car had a ton of body roll as expected but I didn't get to check it out before we took off. But none the less it was way cool seeing one run! It was all old school even the driver was wearing an open face helmet....lol

Seth