who watched the movie Paranormal Activity?

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
So the movie Paranormal activity came out on friday and i just watched it today.

I usually dont get scared by horrer movies but DAMNN this one actually scared the shit out of me... and made we wanna vomit LOL (stupid shaky camera.) i know that it wss fake (just googled it) but still was freaken scary at the time. i liked it though... havent been scared like that for awhile.. hehe my date was literally shaking lol.

Kevin

Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
Poodles;1436597 said:
I like sleep too much :rofl:

fuck man... its 2 am here and i cant sleep hahaa my lights are on and im freaken paranoid. just went to piss, got freaked out and ran back upstairs to my room as fast as i could LOL

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
As some of the reviews said, Psycho made you not want to take showers, Jaws made you not want to go in the water, Blair Witch made you not want to g in the woods, and Paranormal Activity makes you not want to sleep in your own house...

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Movies like that got me laid so many times when I was still single. For instance, I took this one girl to watch Aliens, and she spent the entire time sitting in my lap looking at the back of the theatre. :D

Damn I love being me.

Mondo

May 26, 2009
Wisconsin
Fucking great movie. No Music, all movie.

I enjoy many different types of movies, and Partically enjoyed Blair Witch Project, Signs, and Paranormal Activity just because there wasnt music in it to make you expect things.

Subtle acting, and real world type "freak outs" make them great movies.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
heard it wasn't that great, and law abiding citizen was pretty shitty. i'd like to see this when it comes out on dvd

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Saw the movie and absolutely hated it. Boring as hell. Only one night scene that was a tad bit scary towards the end. Acting was so bad that I couldn't for one second even pretend it was real.

How anyone could be scared from this is beyond me. It's like the Blair Witch Project for christ sake. All build up and nothing happens. It's like Signs without a budget.

My wife fell asleep halfway through. And she scares easily.

Kevin

Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
this movie is one of those either like liek it or hate it movie. i guess people that actually get scared of it is people of have fears of paranormal stuff or somewhat believe in it.

i woke up this morning and it was still dark.. dark areas of the house freaked me out.. lol i cant help it

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
guess i shouldent waste my time with it, when blair witch came out i was living in a movie test market, we got movies about 3 months before the rest of the country. we were misled by hollywood to believe that it was an actual tape that was found, and then released to the public as a warning. i didnt even find it scary in those circumstances. as a matter of fact i went camping the same night.

sounds like this one will be about the same.

speaking of signs, what the hell happened to m-night, that last movie really sucked ass!

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
MarkIII4Me;1436769 said:
Saw the movie and absolutely hated it. Boring as hell. Only one night scene that was a tad bit scary towards the end. Acting was so bad that I couldn't for one second even pretend it was real.

How anyone could be scared from this is beyond me. It's like the Blair Witch Project for christ sake. All build up and nothing happens. It's like Signs without a budget.

My wife fell asleep halfway through. And she scares easily.

Kevin;1436801 said:
this movie is one of those either like liek it or hate it movie. i guess people that actually get scared of it is people of have fears of paranormal stuff or somewhat believe in it.

i woke up this morning and it was still dark.. dark areas of the house freaked me out.. lol i cant help it

:boink:
If your watching and your believing whats happening is true. It would scare the hell out of you for sure.

Kevin

Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
airhead04;1436715 said:
I watched, and its pretty freaking scary. They have an alternate ending to it, its on youtube. Go check it out.

Just watched it.
i like the alternate better. but the movie one is scarier imo

Mondo

May 26, 2009
Wisconsin
You should read up on how they made the Blair Witch Project.....80% was improv.

The 3 people were the only ones involved in filming. They went out with Cameras, Film, Batteries, and food. They were given a GPS of where they were supposed to go. At each location was more film, batteries, food, and a list of what key lines need to be said, what things should be filmed. Everything else was improved.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Mondo;1436889 said:
You should read up on how they made the Blair Witch Project.....80% was improv.

The 3 people were the only ones involved in filming. They went out with Cameras, Film, Batteries, and food. They were given a GPS of where they were supposed to go. At each location was more film, batteries, food, and a list of what key lines need to be said, what things should be filmed. Everything else was improved.

I'm sorry, but The Blair Witch Project was fucking brilliant. The concept, the way it was marketed, the fake documentary that aired on the Discovery Channel. And true, it was mostly all improv. Heather, Josh, and Mike did a good job with the acting. I still get creeped out watching it. I do look forward to seeing Paranormal Activity.

Mondo

May 26, 2009
Wisconsin
gtsfirefighter;1438221 said:
I'm sorry, but The Blair Witch Project was fucking brilliant. The concept, the way it was marketed, the fake documentary that aired on the Discovery Channel. And true, it was mostly all improv. Heather, Josh, and Mike did a good job with the acting. I still get creeped out watching it. I do look forward to seeing Paranormal Activity.

I wasn't dissing the movie :p I loved it too.