Who has the MOST miles and the LEAST miles thread.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Highest miles doesn't say a whole lot. A 1979 Supra will have a LOT more miles than a 1998 Supra that's just how it goes. Try putting down some actual interesting information.

1989 Supra (manuf 1989 so it is 18 years old this year)
Purchased in April of 96 with 50,500 miles
Retorqued at ~74,365 miles
186,737 miles on the ODO
10,374 miles per year average
I have put on 12,385 miles per year since I got it
(when I parked the car it was at 15,137 miles per year)
My miles per year has been dropping since I haven't driven the Supra in 2 years

Supra made 1 drive from Portland to SLC in 97 (~1600 miles RT) and 9 drives from Portland to Vegas (~2900 miles RT each year) without incident. The Supra no longer makes the drive to Vegas because I have too much stuff to haul.

Now for the biggest piece of interesting information that you could ever want in this list.

# of miles without touching the engine OR turbo:

Lets see who had the highest miles before rebuilding/replacing an engine or a turbo.

mk3 for life!

Project Soupracharged
KeithH said:
Lets see who had the highest miles before rebuilding/replacing an engine or a turbo.

i know this doesnt really belong here but i thought i would share this with everyone.

my dad bought this ranger in 1999. it was a 93 ranger 2.3L, 5 spd he drove across houston everyday and then we would make the 2 1/2 hour trip to galveston almost every weekend with a full bed-load, generators and ice-chests and tackle. when i drove it, i drove it rough. when we noticed how much sludge was on the dipstick we became hesitant to change the oil. the sludge was the only thing holdin it together. we replaced water pumps, clutches, one radiator, one altenator, had no a/c and p/s pump was shot, leaked about a quart of oil a week, so there was no point in oil changes. the engine just recently crapped out on us 2 months ago w/ 625,377 on the odometer, the craziest thing of all though is that there was very little to no preventative maintenance preformed on it. and i think the only thing wrong with it now is a vaccum leak

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
OK... THAT's INSANE! ^^^^^^

One of my personal goals for my 89 was 500,000 miles. Damnit! I shouldn't have picked up that Solara for my daily driver.

87J-Spec

Sep 5, 2007
Vernon, BC
My 86 MKII has 343,000KM and most of them are hard driving. I did most of my learning in that car.started driving it when I was 14 it was my moms. Got my hands on it 5 years later in 1999, did some minor mods and continued to drive the living shit out of it. Ams oil is the shit!