who has changed the color of your interior?

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I agree. The fusion paint works awesome. I dyed all the crapp on my '82 with the fabric/vinyl paint from Wal-MArt. Works good, looks good... but if it gets scratched at all, kiss it goodby. It'll just start flaking like crazy. If you're looking into doing seats/carpet, make sure they arent grey... you'll think you have it covered but it WILL bleed back through. I had to use that RIT Dye stuff, covered it up, but you dont want to be on it if you're wet or sweating (carpet, not seats lol). I had to buy my GF a new friggin LV Purse because of that crapp. err... make that an "LV" rather. :icon_bigg

Acroth

Bodykit Connoisseur
Mar 31, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
www.cardomain.com
sheesh you guys did it the easy way... i sanded down every bodypanel that was grey and rewrapped it with black vinyl and yellow stitching... these are the parts that were rewrapped:

entire dash, both door panels, headliner, 2 targa liners (i have two targa's), rear side panels, rear roofliner, replaced carpeting with black carpet, and all the seats rewrapped in yellow/black leather...

but i suppose if you are going for best look vs. price... painting the existing vinyl is the best way to go. heh... this job ended up costing ~$3k ... mostly because the dash had to be done 3 seperate times because the previous owner must have soaked it with armor-all at some point and the glue wouldn't hold...

p7901_1.jpg

p7901_2.jpg