Who has black/blue two-tone leather seats?

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
I was looking at a thread not too long ago and I remember a few key things.
Someone had re-done their seats in blue and black.
They were stock seats.
The outsides were blue and the black was running up the middle.
They mentioned it had been ordered through leatherseats.com

I can't seem to find the thread, I don't think the thread was even about the seats but pictures showed them and it came up.

I need those pictures, I'm trying to get a a local quote and want to show the guy them so he can get an idea of what I want.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Unless u know the guy any local shop will charge a lot more than leatherseats.com

one quote i got was about $2000

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Well I know two guys and I'm asking this guy to get a new quote, I haven't asked the other two. My cousin used one of the guys I know recently to do his samurai and bike and it came out well and he did it for a decent price.

I also have family who works in the fabric industry so I'm able to get the fabric from him cheap and save some on the re-upholstery job.

Anyone have pictures of their re-done blue interiors? Other than stock, just curious about seeing different patterns/styles in there is something I'd like to try, might spark a new idea as well. Better to ask now instead of after.

batttz

English Lurker
Aug 28, 2007
Hampshire
Guyana00;1592861 said:
Well I know two guys and I'm asking this guy to get a new quote, I haven't asked the other two. My cousin used one of the guys I know recently to do his samurai and bike and it came out well and he did it for a decent price.

I also have family who works in the fabric industry so I'm able to get the fabric from him cheap and save some on the re-upholstery job.

Anyone have pictures of their re-done blue interiors? Other than stock, just curious about seeing different patterns/styles in there is something I'd like to try, might spark a new idea as well. Better to ask now instead of after.

Got mine off ebay and the blue was way lighter than I thought it would be, but the grey was a better match for the cars paint so its best to see what your getting by going local

p1592982_1.jpg

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
batttz;1592982 said:
Got mine off ebay and the blue was way lighter than I thought it would be, but the grey was a better match for the cars paint so its best to see what your getting by going local

p1593062_1.jpg

Cool, more pics?
Anyone else?

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
GrimJack;1595348 said:
[...] they aren't leather... or that dark of a blue... but here's a couple pics anyway
lol, I rather see some more dyno sheets ;)

They ones I saw were pretty much the same design, except the supra logo and the sides of the headrests were blue.
I'm just realizing how funky our seats are in these cars, at least with the headrests up like that.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I have more dyno sheets, but they all say slightly lower numbers... :)

That is the stock pattern, I just cut the centers out of blue. Should have done the side of the headrests the same, now that you mention it! The Supra logo is blue, but it's pretty light. These are made using a synthetic ultra suede, it feels awesome and is super tough. (Considerably tougher than leather, actually.)) Unfortunately, as I discovered, it's also made for indoor use only, and doesn't hold it's color in direct sun.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
The fitting them on isn't *that* big of a deal... you will need to buy a GOOD set of side cutters, hog ring pliers, and at least 500g of hog rings. And two people helps a lot - one to hold things in place while the other puts on the hog rings.

supra girl

supra girl
May 13, 2010
tricity washington
I do not have Black and blue, but I have Maroon leather and Black Suede which I purchased at leatherseats.com and cost around $800.00 and it come with hogrings and the hogring tool. We also added seat heaters from leatherseats.com for around $100.00, which are really nice if you hae targa and it gets cool out.
You can see pictures of them on the following thread.
Props to the Supramania Crew. We won thanks to you! from tsupramania

Good Luck finding the black and blue.