Who has an addiction with dumping wayy too much $$$ into their supra

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
I have had my 92t for about 6 years now.

I aproxx. dropped 12k into it. Its a freakin addiction! Thats more then the freakin car is worth.
As much as I love the mk3 supra Im going to start saving up for a 93-95 rx7 wit the ls1 swap.

Anyone else crazy like me????

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Mines not an addiction. It's more like a sexually transmitted disease without actually getting the sex part.

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
IJ.;1088007 said:
LMAO 12k is NOTHING ;)
(I have close to 7 in the head alone)

Ha....that makes me feel a little better.

As far as my plans are another 8k will finish it off to my liking.....probably spaced out thru the next 3 years if I keep it that long.

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
If you log onto this website im sure you put your Supra high on the Priorities list and anything on that list costs way too much money!!!
My damn car gets more money dumped into it than a sleazy whore!!!:3d_frown:

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
Spending a lot of money on these cars comes with the territory. Unless your mk3 has been well kept and maintained over the years, and / or you are satisfied with stock / Basic upgrades, it is going to get pricey.

The past few weeks i have been kicking myself over what to do and how much more money to spend on my car. Seems like the only answer I can think of is every last dollar i can. :)

I love my car, and as much as it pisses me off when something breaks or i need to upgrade to something pricey, it always seems worth it in the end.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
blk92suprat;1087992 said:
I have had my 92t for about 6 years now.

I aproxx. dropped 12k into it. Its a freakin addiction! Thats more then the freakin car is worth.
As much as I love the mk3 supra Im going to start saving up for a 93-95 rx7 wit the ls1 swap.

Anyone else crazy like me????

Actually on second thought I have more than that in the rear end of mine!! :aigo:

J is right I need serious help I really do.....

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
True that..the money i quoted does not even count maintenence...just aftermarket mods whether it be performance/looks/sound system.

But seriously, who is satisfied with driving a stock supra????

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
IJ.;1088055 said:
Actually on second thought I have more than that in the rear end of mine!! :aigo:

J is right I need serious help I really do.....

No you don't. Building what you want with the right parts is not a reason for therapy.

when you spend a lot of time and money to make a previously normal and beautiful MK3 look like this:
attachment.php

THAT is when you need therapy. :biglaugh:

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
i bought mine with a plan to dump alot of money in it. it has slowed down alot since i bought a house a few months ago.

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
I paid 1,700 for mine with blown head gasket... I have atleast 1k in computer electronic crap... alone..

Id say I have atleast 7k in car now...and have only had a year...but i have put about 15k miles on her...

I still have to paint... new interior...trans 700R4 swap... driveshaft...and get blower on oneday...and build a furnace to cast a custom intake...:{ god i got lota shit ahead of me still.......

ndial2498

Jun 3, 2008
Medford
bought mine for 2 g's, within six months i had 6 plus into it , within a year about 10. i sometimes wonder why then, i just go to the garage and fall in love all over again.