Who has a Gold respray?

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Here are a few variations on chrome (which is really cool if you've ever seen a car painted like it in real life).

If you want me to attempt a more reflective surface I need a picture of a non-metallic car with A LOT of gloss and reflection.

524l4qo.jpg

4l8hoqv.jpg

4u4ocrb.jpg

4lghxqe.jpg

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Why do you wanna go gold anyways?? What's your reason? Just asking. There are other nice unique colors out there. Here are a few I did when I was trying to decide what color to paint my car. The original picture is from whoever signed at the bottom left. I left it there so that person can get credit.

mk3blue.jpg

mk3grey.jpg

mk3orange.jpg

mk3red.jpg

mk3yellow.jpg

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
few points...

one. that car is badass.

two. that orange mica in the second pic, is absolutely beautiful.

three. i would love to see a supra in chrome.

four. is it hard to photoshop a black car? i think i might ask someone to photoshop mine sometime....

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Figit090 said:
few points...

one. that car is badass.

two. that orange mica in the second pic, is absolutely beautiful.

three. i would love to see a supra in chrome.

four. is it hard to photoshop a black car? i think i might ask someone to photoshop mine sometime....

You mean photoshop to black or? It's not hard to photoshop any particular color, but for quick jobs (like the gold and chrome ones) it helps to have a good base picture. If you want a metallic color, it is best to start with a metallic car. Why? Because I'm not going to spend 20 mins in photoshop making your car appear metallic.

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
i was just curious if its hard to take a black car and make it another color, sorry for not being specific.

i've done a bit with photoshop but i'm not that great.

if you wanted a really shiny pic, i mean, really reflective, i might have a pic of my car (black paint) that has lots of sky/greenery reflection

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Figit090 said:
i was just curious if its hard to take a black car and make it another color, sorry for not being specific.

i've done a bit with photoshop but i'm not that great.

if you wanted a really shiny pic, i mean, really reflective, i might have a pic of my car (black paint) that has lots of sky/greenery reflection

Yeah, probably a nice black shiny car showing good reflections would be the best to try to achieve a chrome or mirror finish.

SuprA70

SF.com 'Grounded' Champ

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
might have pics on my phone of the gold supra with a full kaminari kit sitting in a local junkyard (friend of the owner, and he won't sell...DAMNIT)

doesn't look that good IMHO...