Who designed our car?

g7c5c

Oct 6, 2007
The Bronx
I think it's important to know who's behind a great work of art or design, and I think the A70 is the most well proportioned "modern" ('80s and up) car. It's not the most flashy/aggressive/curvacious/whatever, but in terms of proportions it has few rivals--maybe some older BMWs, maybe Bruno Sacco's MBs, but little else.

According to Wikipedia, Calty wasn't involved in the design of the car, so I guess that means it was designed in Japan? Does anyone have any idea who made it?

jzamerican

Jan 25, 2012
buffablow ny
g7c5c;1962066 said:
I think it's important to know who's behind a great work of art or design, and I think the A70 is the most well proportioned "modern" ('80s and up) car. It's not the most flashy/aggressive/curvacious/whatever, but in terms of proportions it has few rivals--maybe some older BMWs, maybe Bruno Sacco's MBs, but little else.

According to Wikipedia, Calty wasn't involved in the design of the car, so I guess that means it was designed in Japan? Does anyone have any idea who made it?
Well the car was BUILT in Japan so probably it was designed there

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I know lotus did the suspension, and then Toyota decided that the bushings were too stiff and basically ruined the handling lol

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Dunno, but I'm betting that person also designed the fourth gen Celica.

1987-1989_Toyota_Celica_%28ST162%29_SX_liftback_01.jpg

g7c5c

Oct 6, 2007
The Bronx
Damn, Nick, thanks for taking the time to put up those scans, they're awesome. However Akihiro Wada was the engineer behind the Supra, not the designer. I am more interested in who designed the car... :(