WhiteMike's Build up. Finally. (Click and wait, 56kers Go home)

Status
Not open for further replies.

twan

Supramania Contributor
Oct 18, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
dude i think i just found that website you bought the engine from. they are from Montreal right? yeah i dont know, it kinda looks fishy because i saw like three videos so far of supposedly "different" 2jz's and they look like they have the same compression readings. and at the beginning they zoom into the serial number on the block but then when go do compression test the lighting changes very slightly.... i hope that when you get the engine you can do a compression test and get the same results that they are promising. and if not i will personally go down there and give them a good ass kicking since im only a few hours away.

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Winter Park, Florida, United States
Motor came! Well, a motor, not MY motor. There was two 2JZ's on the website and they sent me the other one. Great. Well I can't be TOO upset, I called and they're picking up this one tomorrow and shipping the one I actually ordered tomorrow. I may be out some time but at least they're attempting to correct the issue, and NOT charging me. He says he's making sure the lift gate service is actually paid for this time. That's respectable IMO. I'll give a good review still if this all works out in the end without any loss other than maybe a week or so for the new motor to get here.

twan;1676233 said:
dude i think i just found that website you bought the engine from. they are from Montreal right? yeah i dont know, it kinda looks fishy because i saw like three videos so far of supposedly "different" 2jz's and they look like they have the same compression readings. and at the beginning they zoom into the serial number on the block but then when go do compression test the lighting changes very slightly.... i hope that when you get the engine you can do a compression test and get the same results that they are promising. and if not i will personally go down there and give them a good ass kicking since im only a few hours away.

I appreciate it. Actually the website I used HAD three 2JZ's. Mine gave out 180's, other gave out 175s-160s (bad IMO), and the final gave out 150's. So I think maybe you have a different site. You can also see the different motors in the videos by the coolant hoses cut location, and things like that..

twan

Supramania Contributor
Oct 18, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hmm that's good. Because the ones this site had were all 150-160s
I think that's average. Considering a fresh block is 180? Kind of hard to believe but they are promising 180. But if your review is good then I'm going with them for sure!

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Winter Park, Florida, United States
Old engine picked up. New engine will be here in a couple days.

I ordered all of the following parts:
-Water pump + backhousing for non hydrofan setup
-New water pipe
-Full gasket set
-Timing belt
-Timing tensioner pulley
-Timing tensioner hydraulic adjuster
-Serpentine belt
-Serp tensioner
-Thermostat
-Valve cover vent hoses
-New oil drain plug/washer
-Speedometer cable
-Lightweight pulley kit (for water pump pulley mainly)
-Masterpower T70
-2x FIPG Black
-Lower rad hose

Need to buy:
-Finish paying for my RaptorRacing T4 manifold/exhaust
-Rear sump setup/1JZ motor mount brackets (buying from a member, need a paypal tho :()
-Fluids (Oil, Coolant, ATF, P/S)
-New oil lines/fittings for single turbo setup
-44mm V-Band wastegate

Anybody? What am I missing?

Last edited:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Naw you dont need a oil pump. Throw that shit in the trash. You will save like 30lbs with no oil at all. 40 with no pump.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I always buy the GTE pump, never the GE pump. I do believe they are the same but I am not sure if one has the crank sensor hole or not. I never seen a GE one.

I can tell you all the parts for a 1.5JZ easily because it is honestly common sense but I have no clue on the GE and GTE pumps. I have always bought GTE pumps for my 2JZ and 2 1JZs.

Status
Not open for further replies.