Whiring and afr help!!

pipelinewill

Nov 17, 2011
vancouver island
I've just installed rc fuel 550 cc injectors, an apexi safc and a lexus maf housing, as well as a aem afr gauge and sensor and an electric cooling fan. my issues are as follows 1) battery charge, (it's not a bad battery) or wiring; one of my high beams comes in and out, and my afc turns on and off sometimes while i drive 2)crazy lean afr, my car is really really lean unless it's under load, under load the afr is normal (12-14) but on rare occasions spikes to 18+.i have a lot of aftermarket wires on my car which are not all well done, it is possible that i have a short, or that my electric cooling fan draws too much current and drains my battery, i am getting the afc professionally tuned, but the spikes worry me, is it possible that i installed the injectors with a little bit of a leak, making me lose fuel pressure and run lean sometimes or something?

harley1985

Aug 17, 2011
killeen tx
wow that sucks bro. u might have to start over. i would lean towards a bad ground issue. do you have the write up for the safc? im fixin to do the same mod.

pipelinewill

Nov 17, 2011
vancouver island
I have the manual, and the afc grounds with my ecu, so if it was a bad ground i think my whole car would die, not just the afc. maybe it's hooked up to a bad power, i'll try a different one and if it doesn't work i'll just have to restart i think... :: angry ::

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
pipelinewill;1835452 said:
I have the manual, and the afc grounds with my ecu, so if it was a bad ground i think my whole car would die, not just the afc. maybe it's hooked up to a bad power, i'll try a different one and if it doesn't work i'll just have to restart i think... :: angry ::

Sometimes with a piggyback you should have a deadacated ground, try it might help.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
i sent you a pm, as your not to far from me. i might be able to come look at it in person.

BUT if your running a stock alt, you may not have enough power to run everything, as elec fan really draw alot of power.

if you can put the clutch fan back on, take it for a short drive and see. if it goes away, then you need a bigger alt.

also the injectors run at 40psi, so any leak would be very noticable.