Which turbo has the most bang for the buck?

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
This is the mother of all opened ended questions for the week.

Bang for the buck? 57 trim bold on ct26. Either rebuilt ct26 or a JT56 which is built off a t4 platform. Personally Id go for the JT56 as the t4 bearing housing has a much better oiling system.

If you had more money (manifold or adapter, wastegate, down pipe, intake pipe, power steering relocation kit, oil lines etc), then yes - a Holset hx35 or 40 or a hy35 or HE351CW.

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
If you going with forged internals why would you skimp on the turbo. I would just go T70 masterpower from modular turbo here and just get the rest of the t4 parts needed. Price for what you get is really unbeatable. I personally went with the t78 turbonetics. Just don't limit yourself on power because you cheaped out on the turbo setup.

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
SupraDuD3;1573762 said:
interested in tryin one of these setups... i cant seem 2 find the jt56 or the holset hy35. assistance please? lol

Jt turbos notrice.com
not sure where to find the holsets new....but you can find em used on eBay all day

SupraDuD3

Banned
Jan 1, 2009
knoxville
thanx turbo. ya i saw on an earlier post that most hy35 holsets u can find all over ebay for $200 or less... and so far.... no where close lol but ill keep looking

and on notrice.com... damn those turbos r expensive! but hey... i dont think the word garret on the turbo helps that lol

MDCmotorsports;1564045 said:
This is the mother of all opened ended questions for the week.

Bang for the buck? 57 trim bold on ct26. Either rebuilt ct26 or a JT56 which is built off a t4 platform. Personally Id go for the JT56 as the t4 bearing housing has a much better oiling system.

If you had more money (manifold or adapter, wastegate, down pipe, intake pipe, power steering relocation kit, oil lines etc), then yes - a Holset hx35 or 40 or a hy35 or HE351CW.

Exactly what I was thinking lol, Go subject matter experts haha

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Garrett don't stand behind their products...FYI....Even when purchased new from them. Oh ya they have a warrenty, as long as you consider paying $50 less then a new one to replace ANY type of wheel damage on a BB turbo reasonable.

Great Turbo's though, shitty company and customer support.

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
$600 for a T70 masterpower is hard to beat man! Even the $800 driftmotion turbos. I have a driftmotion 60-1 and I cant wait to turn the boost up because its fast now. My butt dyno says 15psi feels like I am in the 400rwhp range with my a/f ratio being in the 10's. My car feels faster at 15psi than my older stage 5 boss bolt on ,which was also a 60-1. Maybe its the fact that I have been with though boost for a while makes it seem faster I dunno, but I am really happy with it so far. My setup will have accumist meth kit and 22-24psi ...... I m hoping to break 500rwhp but If I cant then I will be rocking a Master Power T70 next. I dont think there is a better deal on the market for the quality and service.