Which radiator to buy

ohiosupramst

Aug 31, 2009
Cincinnati
I was thinking of buying a Fluidyne radiator but they cost around $460. I don't have a problem with spending the money. I was talking to Steve down at the kyana meet and he has a Mishimoto that he says works fine which there only $270. Is the Fluidyne radiator worth the extra money over the Mishimoto ?

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I run a Koyo aluminium rad on my swapped MKIII (2jz) and even when I took it out a quick test runs without any type of cooling fan yet installed my temps were always at or under 81c.

Of course I only went on quick little runs when I knew there would be no danger of being stopped idling anywhere.

Still with a fan now on and setup my temps are still never very far from 80c (176 f).

The quality and fit and finish of it is also excellent.

Just another rad for you to consider.

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
I found a Koyo R0171 on Fleabay for $300 U.S. new. I haven't picked it up yet, but after research, it looks to be a good choice. I thought the price was right, too. gl with your pick.

turbo toyz

moar stuff..
Jul 17, 2007
NJ
im using a mishimoto rad and their electric fans..and i love it. although i dont like the the radiator cap that the radiator comes with..soo i have a blitz cap

Mastapip

Apr 20, 2009
Ft. Worth Tx
I got a gently used Fluydine for $300, and I think it was money very well spent... However I would have gone with a Koyo as well.

Just post a WTB ad if you really want the Fluydine.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
Just wondering if anyone has had problems with a new factory radiator?

I had a huge CSF and car ran a little hot while running the AC. Have had a factory one on the 2j car since '05 with no issues approx 45k miles.