• front clip

Votes: 24 70.6%
  • part it out

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters

suprachick22

Aug 1, 2009
colorado
ok just an opinion here what do you guys think would be better to get.

a complete front clip for a 1jz motor

or

part it out to build it yourself?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Depends on what you want to end up with.

If you're planning on putting a stock 1J in your car, running on the original wiring harness / computer, then get a front clip.

If you want to end up with a high power car running a big single on a stand alone ECU, don't bother, as you'll only end up selling a significant number of the parts from the clip.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
Adawg;1405665 said:
get a clip if u can. 2jge were not built for force induction.

2jz are a lil more then we will have for my build its very limited shes prego and i have a kid already so 1jzgte seems like a good start for some decent power

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Front clip (good luck, getting rare), or 2JGE-T swap on 7MGTE electronics.

Neither is true drop in though, main issue with the 1J is getting the wiring harness extended (properly, do it right or your car burns to the gorund).

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
funky_monkey58;1405737 said:
I beg to differ on this.

I have personally seen 2jzge-T builds produce 650rwhp and still be daily drivers.

This. Stock electronics, GE-T. WAY cheaper than a 1J swap. In fact, you can probably get the whole swap done and on the road for the price of JUST a Supra 1J lol

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
tissimo;1405828 said:
gte. Ge is ugly, might as well keep the 7m
You are right the NA-T is just plain ol ugly.
p1405864_1.jpg

p1405864_2.jpg

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Poodles;1405753 said:
Front clip (good luck, getting rare), or 2JGE-T swap on 7MGTE electronics.

Neither is true drop in though, main issue with the 1J is getting the wiring harness extended (properly, do it right or your car burns to the gorund).

x2, no more said.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
IJ.;1406303 said:
How would you know you've never finished one to have it burn..... ;)

:\ Awe, always picking on me. Well I won't lie I have not finished one. If we're talking about price though and having most of the parts or all with a front he will save money, instead of trying to source them by their selves.

Don't worry.. I will get one finished one of these days, for now after I sell my partout I have going I will just stick with the 7M right now.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
I got my setup much cheaper than a front clip, it's more time consuming, but I got it all cheaper and this includes extras and upgraded parts.

Front clip will be easier though and better if you just want a stock setup. Though usually people who swap in 1js don'[t do it to keep stock power. Front clips are getting more expensive because there are less now And the shipping isn't cheap unless you can get local..but it IS easier as we all said.

The other problem is lots of places are stipping them and taking everything except the necessaries for the engine swap and to sell back themselves.

If I did have a front clip I'd be driving a while ago, but I wouldn't be as happy ecause of some of the parts and deals I got.

I got a 3" y-pipe and downpipe (Raptor Racing made) for $160 Canadian for example.