Which crank pulley?

Supratrbox2

Damnit
Jul 27, 2005
South Jerzey
While droppin my trans I noticed my crank pulley came apart from the rest and just wobbles on the shaft on my 1j. Good thing I caught this now. Any way, after hours of searching I came to find these seem to be on top, ATI, Boost logic and Fluidamper. I have a new belt so I want one that can use the belt I have plus I want P+P, no mods required to install. And if im correct the 2jz-gte and ge pulleys are the same and what to buy? Im also getting either a comp or spec steel lw fw so if that will make any difference please let me know. Thanks.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Supratrbox2;1299580 said:
While droppin my trans I noticed my crank pulley came apart from the rest and just wobbles on the shaft on my 1j. Good thing I caught this now. Any way, after hours of searching I came to find these seem to be on top, ATI, Boost logic and Fluidamper. I have a new belt so I want one that can use the belt I have plus I want P+P, no mods required to install. And if im correct the 2jz-gte and ge pulleys are the same and what to buy? Im also getting either a comp or spec steel lw fw so if that will make any difference please let me know. Thanks.

If you want to use your new belt, then ATI is out. I have an ATI and I'm about to buy another new belt. The ATI is a tight fit, but I didn't have to do anything to it get it on, other than wear myself out tightening it down.

I read (on Titanmotorsport.com I believe) that the boost logic HB retains the stock belt. I don't know what needs to be done to get it on though....

According to Jose, the Fluidampr is a snap to get on, requiring no machine work, but I don't know about the belt.....

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
ATI needs a different belt.
Boost Logic no longer makes their own, they sell ATI.
Don't know much about Fluidamper.

So between the ATI and the Boost Logic, if you want new, you'll have to get ATI, if you can find a used Boost Logic one, you can use the stock belt (If I remember correctly). Someone else can maybe chime in regarding the Fluidamper.

Jeff

Supratrbox2

Damnit
Jul 27, 2005
South Jerzey
So would a lw flywheel have any neg affect with any of these or should I just stick to stock?Im ordering it today so it would be nice to know soon. The fluiddampr looks almost like stock from what ive seen.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Supratrbox2;1300229 said:
So would a lw flywheel have any neg affect with any of these or should I just stick to stock?Im ordering it today so it would be nice to know soon. The fluiddampr looks almost like stock from what ive seen.

The motor is internally balanced, so there is no need to worry about the harmonic balancer and flywheel weights.....

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
i have an ati pulley and have no a/c compressor.this combination take's the belt for with a/c,because the pulley is bigger in diameter.i also had to heat the hub up in the oven to get it over the crank snout.ati is usually in stock at summit.

NO! The harmonic balancer is really a DAMPER, which absorbs torsional (twisting) vibrations in the crankshaft airising from each power stroke. The crankshaft "rings" in a twisting motion which can be destructive (loose flywheel bolts, cracked crankshaft, etc). The rubber mounted pulleys on the stock crank pulley hub ABSORBS then energy in the torsional ringing. You definitely need the stock damper (harmonic balancer) or a good replacement like Fluiddamper. Do NOT use underdrive pulleys without torsional energy absorbing characteristics.

BernieK

rakkasan;1301032 said:
The motor is internally balanced, so there is no need to worry about the harmonic balancer and flywheel weights.....

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
berniek;1302526 said:
NO! The harmonic balancer is really a DAMPER, which absorbs torsional (twisting) vibrations in the crankshaft airising from each power stroke. The crankshaft "rings" in a twisting motion which can be destructive (loose flywheel bolts, cracked crankshaft, etc). The rubber mounted pulleys on the stock crank pulley hub ABSORBS then energy in the torsional ringing. You definitely need the stock damper (harmonic balancer) or a good replacement like Fluiddamper. Do NOT use underdrive pulleys without torsional energy absorbing characteristics.

BernieK

I think he ment you dont have to worry about the pulley or flywheel weight, not you dont have to worry about a harmonic balancer.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
berniek;1302526 said:

BernieK

I think you missed the boat. I have an ATI, as stated previously, because I understand the principles of the HB's....