wheres all the guys from the begining

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
SC or will what you consider old days now?
Cause I know a lot of guys on here that have been here for at least 5+ years.
Hell Will you have been around for a long time.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
D34DC311 said:

I bought my first MKIII brand new in 1990.

Will Neely, Eric Varah and myself are the 3 famous white Supras' from Atlanta that were always seen together back in the 90's.

When we first pushed Mike Chan's MKIII over 320 at the wheels Will Neely and I were the ones putting the tune on it.

When Varah first hit 622 via a S-AFC & a Lexus AFM, I helped assemble that car.

Will Neely's car spent more time in my garage than my car did.

What I consider the old days, the bulk you guys wouldn't even recognize. Most of you were still playing with your lego's when we were first tuning these machines.

To me, the old days are the mid and late 1990's, when Supra owners pretty much all got along, the "MKIII/MKIV war" bullshit hadn't started yet and every day we did something new or amazing that hadn't been done before.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Supracentral said:
I bought my first MKIII brand new in 1990.

Will Neely, Eric Varah and myself are the 3 famous white Supras' from Atlanta that were always seen together back in the 90's.

When we first pushed Mike Chan's MKIII over 320 at the wheels Will Neely and I were the ones putting the tune on it.

When Varah first hit 622 via a S-AFC & a Lexus AFM, I helped assemble that car.

Will Neely's car spent more time in my garage than my car did.

What I consider the old days, the bulk you guys wouldn't even recognize. Most of you were still playing with your lego's when we were first tuning these machines.

To me, the old days are the mid and late 1990's, when Supra owners pretty much all got along, the "MKIII/MKIV war" bullshit hadn't started yet and every day we did something new or amazing that hadn't been done before.

True, but who started that war? As long as someone doesnt start shit with me, Im not bothered by it. Ahh...90s I could only imagine. So since most of it has been done, its just time to enjoy the cars now.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
haha, I remember talking to Will Neely a WHILE back on AOL... came close to buying his mk2, but the timing just wasn't right I guess. Sure wished it was though :(

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Tanya said:
haha, I remember talking to Will Neely a WHILE back on AOL... came close to buying his mk2, but the timing just wasn't right I guess. Sure wished it was though :(

Will kind of fell off the face of the earth. There are a lot of people who have called me trying to find him. I don't know what happened to that dude...

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
Has it ever been suggested to do "member number" system? IF it has, sorry, but i think it would be cool to see who the long standing members are

yaitsme

Beach Bum
Mar 2, 2006
Cheatham County, TN
Ahh 1990 - the year I graduated high school, also the year Supra I now own.

It was around '94 when I got together with my future wife & her '85 Supra ... if only I had known y'all were around back then - I'd still own that ol' MkII.
This week makes one year that I've owned the current Supra, driven it for about a month during that time! Ah well, I'm sure she'll be worth the wait once I'm driving her again!

Many thanks to you old-schoolers who've paved the way for the rest of us ... thanks to you, 500hp is the new 400, and I'm sure 600hp will soon be the benchmark by which the MkIII is measured!

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
From what I've seen, some of the og supra guys get a big holier then thou attitude, and then they have trouble dealing with people, so they get pissed and stop coming around. Whenever they bought their supra, it was new to them at some point, and they all made some mistakes along the way. That is important to remember. It's just a car, and no matter how good you are at working on or tuning it, you still need people skills and a lot of patience to stay around an online forum for a long period of time. Also, just because they don't post on the forum does not mean they are not still driving or working on Supras. Many people go on the forums to learn or to show off their projects, but once you've done all that it can get a little repetitive and boring.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
swaq said:
I don't consider myself that old in the community, but I have been around longer than most. About four and a half years, starting on i-Supra. I've loved all years of Supras for over 10 years now though.

I think there is a pretty big list of us. I came here back 2001-2002ish.

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
D34DC311 said:

dude, i cant remember how long I been here, I know it was befor the crash,

what do you think ? how long you think I been here ?

Will

tonysupra

Supramania Contributor
Dec 3, 2005
CT
yaitsme said:
Ahh 1990 - the year I graduated high school, also the year Supra I now own.

The year I started school. Lol. Also the year my Supra I now own.

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
I think I've been around the forums for close to six years now. I remember jumping on here when it got up and going, then the crash and I didn't get back for a while because my Supra was sitting and I had no $ to fix it....

Now that I'm without a g/f and have money for the Sup I hope to become one of the well-knowns and give as much as I can to the community :)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
heh, i've only been in this game for possibly 4 years now. before i got my car, i owned (still do) and drove a '71 chevy c-10 stepside.

edit:
i just looked up the date that i purchased my car:

February 20, 2003. so, i've only been in this game for 4 years and one day!

and the first full year, i didn't modify it, i was just trying to keep it running, haha.
i started out on i-supra, (and still post there), then i came to SM back when powerhose jimbo was on the vendor's page. haha. :)

-shaeff

jam4484

MKIII Lover
Jul 24, 2005
Tolland CT
suprahero said:
rip11.jpg

That is a badass'd ride..................:love:
That is one badass car. I still have that magazine with that car in it and that car is what go me interested in getting a mark3. I wish I could have met mike because he seems like he was a great all around guy.

Jon Martens