Where to obtain TEMS shock replacement?

allfans26

Sep 11, 2015
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Hey guys,

I'm looking around for some new shocks. I'm not sure if my shocks are bad or not just because I'm used to them. I keep hearing this squeaking sound that is apparent when I'm driving and when I backup. It comes form the rear right end of the car. I'm not trying to buy a TEMS shock right now, I'm just wondering what I should look for.
I googled TEMS Shock replacement or something like that it's just that I've seen results came up for "shock OEM replacement; adjustable" and I'm like uh.. adjustable... is that TEMS compatible? Basically, some form of relpacement that can still work with TEMS or any time I fee like switching form Normal TEM to Sport TEM.

Thanks for the feedback,
Branden

allfans26

Sep 11, 2015
Lawrenceville, Georgia
IndigoMKII;2061908 said:

Awesome! Thanks IndigoMKII! Curious, I went to the website links that you supplied and I noticed it says "5 way adjustable." How can the 5 way adjustable work with my 90 supra? I mean my car is completely stock. I don't understand how 5 way is going to work while the original one has a Soft, Medium, and Firm setting based off the 3 indicator lights that show up on the dash.

Thanks!

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
The actuator valve on top of the shock actually 'clicks' to the next setting. So if you set it with the 'neutral' setting as 2, when you go full stiff you'll only get to 3 with the softest being 1. Same thing if you set it to 4, stiffest being 5 and softest being 3.

Now since I don't actually have these shocks, this is all speculation.

allfans26

Sep 11, 2015
Lawrenceville, Georgia
IndigoMKII;2062001 said:
The actuator valve on top of the shock actually 'clicks' to the next setting. So if you set it with the 'neutral' setting as 2, when you go full stiff you'll only get to 3 with the softest being 1. Same thing if you set it to 4, stiffest being 5 and softest being 3.

Dang, now I'm even less confident to buy these. Well, at least I can have more time to research the information. Thanks for your comment, IndigoMKII.

Bmettie

Apr 27, 2010
Florida
IndigoMKII;2062001 said:

allfans26;2062069 said:
Dang, now I'm even less confident to buy these. Well, at least I can have more time to research the information. Thanks for your comment, IndigoMKII.

Not how they work, I'm betting that's a typo/copy/paste on the website. TEMS switching is TEMS specific, so the shocks must be TEMS specific.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=FA&P=37

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Yeah, I imagine that its a generic description of the shocks, but for the supra application, it's just three settings.