where to get throttle body gasket

Status
Not open for further replies.

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
other than the dealership i have looked all over for the gasket and i can't find it. i ordered one on monday from autozone and was the wrong gasket.

anyone have a part # or place where i can look

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
malloynx said:
other than the dealership i have looked all over for the gasket and i can't find it. i ordered one on monday from autozone and was the wrong gasket.

anyone have a part # or place where i can look

If you don't have a dealer near you, I have one two miles up the road from me. I may even have a new toyota gasket in my garage somewhere I could mail to you in an envelope.

madsupra88

BoOoOoST
Sep 17, 2005
Detroit,MI
If all hell fails, (happend to me) i bought a gasket role from advanced auto, and cut my own one out. been workin smooth for 2 years now :) the role is only like 5 bucks n sum change

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
hottscennessey said:
^ same with my advance auto gasket, I cut it. no problems.

more info on this gasket material... is it pretty good or is it crap?? i looked in advance and i wasn't able to find any

mk3713

Up for sale
Nov 29, 2005
Houston
What is the deal with the small hole I got mine cheaper because i argued with the manager at oreilly that they sold me a defective gasket.

antman

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
TN
malloynx said:
more info on this gasket material... is it pretty good or is it crap?? i looked in advance and i wasn't able to find any

pretty much all parts stores will have it. just ask for gasket material in a roll. its 24x12x1/32'' i believe napa's part # is JV-127.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
malloynx said:

Oh man! Those cuts of gaskets are awesome! As long as you have a steady hand and a razor blade, you can use that stuff. On my 60-1, It was 3AM and didn't have a gasket for coolant inlets to my turbo so I had a square cut gasket piece, cut it to shape, used a paper hole puncher to make the circles where the coolant flew through, and I've never had any problems with it since. There are several other places that I've used that gasket stuff before...works some wonders as long as you do it right.

And as Jon said, Napa has them as basically OEM Japan made gaskets.
^^Do that. :icon_razz

Status
Not open for further replies.