Where to get more poly bushings?

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
Hey guys, i just purchased an almost complete Unobtainium Motorsports bushing set. Heres the problem, apparently they are out of busisness, there is no website, and i need more bushings.

The Bushings i need are as follows:
Rear lower trailing arm, subframe end
Rear lower tie-rod, subframe end
Rear lower control arm, subframe end

Also does anyone sell rack and pinion poly bushings for mk3s?

Does anyone know somewhere that carries these bushings. i would contact RK but apperently they dont have a damn website either...

Thanks in advance fellas!

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
The unobtanium bushing are nylon and after reading about suspension arm failure running them I wouldn't go near em. You can search for the info on the forums about them.

RonnieK is on the forums, PM him.

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
Poodles;1506899 said:
The unobtanium bushing are nylon and after reading about suspension arm failure running them I wouldn't go near em. You can search for the info on the forums about them.

RonnieK is on the forums, PM him.

O shit... any other words on this anyone?

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
gaboonviper85;1506906 said:
I agree with poo...nylon will unload if not greased constantly and they don't give...resell your bushings and get Polly

Ahh now i cant do that, i wouldnt push them off on someone else if its that big of an issue. I have searched both SM & SF and i havent found one thread on these failure reports. Any idea as to where i can find more info on this subject.

I hope i didnt shoot myself in the foot for these...

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
TheNewRed;1506933 said:
Ahh now i cant do that, i wouldnt push them off on someone else if its that big of an issue. I have searched both SM & SF and i havent found one thread on these failure reports. Any idea as to where i can find more info on this subject.

I hope i didnt shoot myself in the foot for these...

You did shoot yourself in the foot I promise you that....unless they are going in a track only car:-(. They need constant luberication and inspection....when they unload it sounds like a gun shot (so they say)...they do not absorb energy so every bump or flexing motion is transfered to surrounding parts (broken suspension arms)....

They were made years back and all the fail threads on these are pretty pretty much long gone....ive seen a few fail threads but I can't find them in search either!

There is a reason why we need bushings that give....without them you'll break shit as our components weren't designed to be rigged mounted....things need to flex!

Sorry bro but you bought a way outdated, under engineered component that does more harm than good and is all round dangerous to use:-(. Some people here use nylon bushing in the upper wishbone but that's cause they don't see much stress...

Don't know what else to tell ya.

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
gaboonviper85;1506949 said:
You did shoot yourself in the foot I promise you that....

Don't know what else to tell ya.

Thats all.

So even lubing them every oil change wouldnt be enough? But that still dosent change the fact that they break components :: angry ::

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
It's because the joint doesn't move in only one axis. The nylon doesn't give, so the arm has to causing failure.

In certain places they would be fine, but as a general rule not safe IMHO...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Dunno why they say a metal bush would be better, it would have to be a spherical metal bushing to work or it would be just as bad.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Sorry bud:-(. Hope you didn't pay alot for them!

In the future....research more on products that aren't widely used before purchase....hind sight is 20-20 but you could have avoided this all together if you spent 10min searching or made this thread prior to purchase...

I too would be mildly pissed off right now...but pissed off at myself.

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
Poodles;1506991 said:
Dunno why they say a metal bush would be better, it would have to be a spherical metal bushing to work or it would be just as bad.

HAHA i was being sarcastic, sorry for the confusion.