Where to find door hinges???

shadowman1977

Jun 4, 2015
Kingston N.Y. 12401
Hey everyone, I am having no luck finding a set of driver side door hinges for my 88 Supra MA70 targa.
Does anyone have set or know where specifically I can find a set? Mine are wasted...:nono:

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
If you ask someone in a RHD market, the used left door hinges, will be like new...

I got mine from a half cut.

shadowman1977

Jun 4, 2015
Kingston N.Y. 12401
I checked ebay to no avail..:(
RHD market??? Can you elaborate on that please?
Discontinued everywhere or out of stock, but thank you for the ideas.
I dont know anything about forum member sales yet but I will look into it.

Last edited:

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
Miami, Florida, United States
i went to the junkyard and pull them off of a honda accord its the same design its 2 bolts just take the pin with you also
ill take pictures when i get home. i hated that cracking noise the door makes when you open and close it. solved my broken no noise and door opens and closes with no issues

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
you know it's not the hing that cracks it the stopper. I bought new stoppers form toyota for 100$ a peice. my old ones were out bent out of shape because of opening on hills and letting the doors swing out ect.

In fact i just changed the drivers side yesterday. But it's not the hing that I changed it was the stopper.(thing with the big spring)

I found the part on TOyodyi.com and called the place i always get parts from and they got it in for me.

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
I'd be hesitant to use the honda.

Mk3 has a very heavy door, targa more so.

RHD, so Australia, Japan, HK, UK, passenger door (left side) hinges,

But yeah, that other part, the stopper (swing limiter thing) is probably worth looking at, and you can get at it without removing an 80lb door.

In my chassis (225xxxkm) it was definitely the hinge, once removed and held in the hand, and compared to the passenger side, one set was stiff/snug and didn't wiggle, the other clicked, jiggled and was loose and sloppy.

If you have to take the door off, masking tape the jams/door edges, and I use a milk crate + wooden blocks for height adjustment to hold the door for a 1 man install.

shadowman1977

Jun 4, 2015
Kingston N.Y. 12401
Thank you for the info, much appreciated. Both of my hinges on the driver side are loose and the door edge seam is split so i have to braze that :p. And the passenger side safety stop is bad also but not the d.s., lol.
FML!