Where to buy this sub box?

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
First, sorry if this is your pic, i stole it lol. Really didn't think you'd mind.

Im looking for this box b/c I like that it works with the targa. Originally I had my sub built into the floor panel in the trunk but since its right in front of the battery, it makes access to it very very difficult so i'm scratching the idea.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
That could be a custom box. I was at Fry's electronics the other day and saw one similar but for a 12 inch and was a little bigger but looked like it would fit in that same spot and clear the targa.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
^your's fits with the targa airhead?

The reason i don't think this is custom is because this is not the first time and trunk i've seen this box. I've seen it twice going through just the first 10 pages of that thread where people are posting pictures of there audio setups in the trunks.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
Same with me, just figured someone would know where to get it. Ill have to check out a BB or something as much as i'd hate paying for it.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
If your "handy", you can build one of these (battery holder optional), so you see nothing when you open your hatch ;)

p1578668_1.jpg

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
Mine clears the targa. But I had to mod it. I made it 3in shorter. But I got the box for 10$ from best buy (They were having some event there). Id recommend they box 92nsx posted. That will be the box I build next.

Also, if your handy, just build it. Its worth it. I took 8 classes of carpentry in high school. And thats all I did, was build sub boxes. And I sold them. Some of my friends still have them. lol. So build it.

Last edited:

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
^Lol, i prefer the buff chicken sub.

92nsx;1578668 said:
If your "handy", you can build one of these (battery holder optional), so you see nothing when you open your hatch ;)

p1578788_1.jpg

Nice, have dimensions and specs by chance? Would save a lot of time if I were to make that. I like it a lot. That still allows for the normal 'tire lid' to close over it? the piece that sticks up to secure the tire is the biggest hassle, how did you work around that?

.TheJones-

Jun 24, 2010
Dayton OH
If your "handy", you can build one of these (battery holder optional), so you see nothing when you open your hatch

@92nsx will you post some dimensions of that box please. Im not to interested in the battery holder so there is no need to include those for me, however, you may want to post those as well seeing as some other users might want it. Who knows maybe ill endd up with an optima red top back there anyway. Ill be building an amp rack soon as well Ill get some picks up soon.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
.TheJones-;1589975 said:
If your "handy", you can build one of these (battery holder optional), so you see nothing when you open your hatch

@92nsx will you post some dimensions of that box please. Im not to interested in the battery holder so there is no need to include those for me, however, you may want to post those as well seeing as some other users might want it. Who knows maybe ill endd up with an optima red top back there anyway. Ill be building an amp rack soon as well Ill get some picks up soon.

Maybe you could go out to your supra and measure your spare tire well and use your imagination.

.TheJones-

Jun 24, 2010
Dayton OH
Or maybe I could ask someone that has already done this and maybe that person would be kind enough to let me know what problems they encountered. Which in my mind would be the exact reason a forum would be created... to share problems fixes and results maybe??????

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
.TheJones-;1590116 said:
Or maybe I could ask someone that has already done this and maybe that person would be kind enough to let me know what problems they encountered. Which in my mind would be the exact reason a forum would be created... to share problems fixes and results maybe??????

You got a picture, what more do you want? If you would like I can go out to MY supra and measure the spare tire well width and depth and use some very basic geometry and give you dimensions. LOL

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
well, someone had their Cheerios pissed in this morning.

---------- Post added at 05:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

Since you are offering though, shit I'll take a set of measurements....lol. I'm just kidding. I don't need you pissing in my fruit loops this morning.

.TheJones-

Jun 24, 2010
Dayton OH
Ever think that some people might not be the greatest at math or geometry? Maybe I don't know how to do that shit. Damn have a little consideration.

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Winter Park, Florida, United States
.TheJones-;1590356 said:
Ever think that some people might not be the greatest at math or geometry? Maybe I don't know how to do that shit. Damn have a little consideration.

Not to bash. Seriously though, just measure dude. Measure the total width and height. Go from there. Google how to calculate an octagon. The internet is at your fingertips which means you can learn how to do anything.

.TheJones-

Jun 24, 2010
Dayton OH
whitemike;1590362 said:
Not to bash. Seriously though, just measure dude. Measure the total width and height. Go from there. Google how to calculate an octagon. The internet is at your fingertips which means you can learn how to do anything.

Ok thanks I guess I'll try to learn I was more or less giving funkey monkey a hard time since he appeared to be doing the same for me. =)

No hard feelings monkey.... honestly though I am horrible at geometry!